Author Topic: Print kitchen tickets separated by group or tag  (Read 9665 times)

md7rlz

• Personal Website
Print kitchen tickets separated by group or tag
« on: January 19, 2012, 09:44:45 pm »
I select options in Print Job but don't print. 

is necessary to modify the template?

jenem

Re: Print kitchen tickets separated by group or tag
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 01:43:12 am »
Hi,

can you give more information?

What are you printing to?

Are you test printing?

Thanks

Edgar

md7rlz

• Personal Website
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 09:06:45 pm »
Hi jenem,

need print order in the kitchen, but lines grouped by group code. I chose opcion in the "printing content" but don't print.

screenshot attached

jenem

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 01:46:46 am »
Hi,

Does printer anything print if you select all lines?

Does the kitchen printer print anything at all?

Have you defined kitchen printer in printers?

Has the kitchen printer been set to automatically print or set to print manually?

Just trying to think of a few options.

Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 05:29:14 am »
Hello md7rlz
That feature is useful for grouping ticket lines to a single line by their group code. For example if you sell coffee and cappuccino and if their group code is "hot drinks" you'll see a single "hot drinks" line and their sum as price. This is useful for printing invoices.

I think you want to separate individual product groups in kitchen order printouts. You can't group them on a single printout but you can print separated order printouts for individual product groups. For example Add a new "Print Mapping" on "Print Orders to Kitchen Printer" print job screen. Set first line's product group to "hot drinks" and keep second line's product group as star (*) symbol. Now SambaPOS will create one printout for hot drinks and a second printout for anything else..

Edit: As John suggested it should be done by creating a new print job for each printouts.
Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 04:43:49 am by emre »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2012, 07:08:42 pm »
Emre,

I have found that unless you select a different printer for the first group, all items print on the same ticket - not two tickets.

If you duplicate the printer template and add it to the print job list aswell, then you can use the same printer and it prints two tickets.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:13:03 pm by JohnSCS »
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2012, 04:45:20 am »
I think ability of grouping items by their product groups on kitchen printouts would be a nice feature.. There is  no grouping support on our printer templates for now but I noted that. I'll try to find a solution.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2012, 06:45:32 am »
What I have done is to create a printer template for each group that needs a separate ticket, ie entrees, main, dessert.

Then in the kitchen print job, list each as a print mapping. First would be the entrees group which would use the entrees printer template, then mains, etc.

This would print three tickets that then goes to the people that deal with that food preparation. This is of course based on having only one printer in the kitchen. If each preparation station has their own printer, then you can use the same printer template for all three, just selecting the different printers in the printer mappings.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2012, 04:32:55 am »
I think ability of grouping items by their product groups on kitchen printouts would be a nice feature.. There is  no grouping support on our printer templates for now but I noted that. I'll try to find a solution.

Emre,

Have you found a solution for this. I have a customer who doesn't like separate tickets printed. He would like to see all items on one ticket grouped and with a group heading and separator line.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2012, 07:11:37 am »
Hi, I was thinking it as a V3 feature. If it is urgent I can try finding a solution.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 07:20:45 am »
We are going into production in 3 weeks for a 3 terminal setup in a club, and this was requested by the restaurant owner. It's not a deal breaker, but this site has high visibility within local industry.
If you could find a solution, it would be appreciated.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 08:02:14 am »
Good news ! :) Let me check the implementation for a quick solution...

UPDATE: For the record.. I'll add "Group Template" field in printer templates. You'll be able to use {PRODUCT GROUP} or {PRODUCT TAG} value tags in that template and you'll be able to include separators, empty lines or use font formatting features. If one of these tags exists SambaPOS will group lines by their group name or tag and add your group formatting before each order groups. It will be ready on next release.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 09:14:58 am by emre »