Author Topic: how can i connect phone line to the program (caller-id)  (Read 5608 times)

moaaz

how can i connect phone line to the program (caller-id)
« on: February 07, 2012, 01:04:24 pm »
I would like to use the Caller-id identification in the program, so i connected the phone line to modem (windows 7) but the message didn't fade away, and i couldn't receive caller-id in the program, the pop up message was " install the hardware driver to enable the caller-id"
my question is: what driver, and how?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: how can i connect phone line to the program (caller-id)
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2012, 06:40:40 pm »
Our caller id library supports a widely used USB CallerID Box Called CID-Show in our country and the driver SambaPOS asking is the driver of this hardware. I think this hardware based on no-name China Made boards so I don't know if this driver is compatible with other hardware or not.

moaaz

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2012, 09:32:03 am »
We dont have this in out country, I'll try to replace it with YAC server, what do you think about that?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 12:17:39 pm »
I've never used YAC before. Does it work with Caller-ID modems? If it works with modems alternatively you can listen modem calls with TAPI library.

You can duplicate CidMonitor module with a different name and modify it for YAC.

yousufjam

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 01:03:25 pm »
Hi Emre,
I found a usb caller id device on the internet I was Just wondering if itwould be compatible with sambapos
http://www.dual-comm.com/USB_Caller_ID_Modem.htm