Author Topic: kitchen orders  (Read 20469 times)

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: kitchen orders
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2012, 05:50:26 pm »
John, thank you very much for the visualization. I'll try to find an easy way for better grouping items when merged with a separator. Further implementation will lead us to V3 Order Tags feature so to be able to keep it simple I'll assume we'll have at most two tags merged with a separator.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2012, 06:00:44 pm »
Further implementation will lead us to V3 Order Tags feature so to be able to keep it simple I'll assume we'll have at most two tags merged with a separator.

I understand, thats why I hope there is a simple solution, and suggested a separator to keep it simple.

With a table work flow like Table -> Seat -> Course, I honestly can not see why we would need anything other than Course & Seat in the Item Tag. Anything beyond that is going to need the functionality of V3.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

maozen

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2012, 07:28:53 am »
i'm feeling a little bit stupid......
i can't get get the march notification working.....

if i select an item from the order the march tag disappear,
if i select the march tag and choose something from the right tag window nothing happen...
if i select the march tag and after try to select an item from the order the tag window on the right will close....

in all cases nothing is printed....

I've checked many times actions rules print jobs etc. and look everything according to the tutorial... Where's my mistake?

Thanks
MAO

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2012, 09:43:19 pm »
Printing Orders in Groups
Grouping kitchen orders by Ticket Item Tag is easy. Just open Kitchen Orders Template and enter these values in Group Template:

<C00>
{ITEM TAG}
<F>-

<C00>: Creates a blank line
{ITEM TAG}: Prints Course Value. You can use <L11> for printing it bigger or write it as **{ITEM TAG}** for easier reading.
<F>-: Creates a full line with - character

I assume its not just me, but I can not get ITEM TAG grouping to work. When it did during initial setup, it only would print the first two courses, and only the ITEM TAG for Course 2.

Now it will not print the ITEM TAG headings or print in groups. In fact it ignores the GROUP TEMPLATE all together.
Yes, I'm running 2.93.

PRODUCT GROUP works fine.

Also, the March feature starts from the last Course selected, so you need to hit Course, then Course 1, then hit March.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2012, 01:59:03 am »
Printing Orders in Groups
Grouping kitchen orders by Ticket Item Tag is easy. Just open Kitchen Orders Template and enter these values in Group Template:

<C00>
{ITEM TAG}
<F>-

<C00>: Creates a blank line
{ITEM TAG}: Prints Course Value. You can use <L11> for printing it bigger or write it as **{ITEM TAG}** for easier reading.
<F>-: Creates a full line with - character

I assume its not just me, but I can not get ITEM TAG grouping to work. When it did during initial setup, it only would print the first two courses, and only the ITEM TAG for Course 2.

Now it will not print the ITEM TAG headings or print in groups. In fact it ignores the GROUP TEMPLATE all together.
Yes, I'm running 2.93.

PRODUCT GROUP works fine.

I've just noticed when "merge lines" option enabled on printer template ITEM TAG grouping does not work.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2012, 02:05:23 am »

if i select the march tag and choose something from the right tag window nothing happen...
if i select the march tag and after try to select an item from the order the tag window on the right will close....

I've checked many times actions rules print jobs etc. and look everything according to the tutorial... Where's my mistake?

Thanks
MAO

You'll first choose a Course Tag for defining active course and select a march tag for printing notification. Choosing a March tag should advance Course Tag to the next course after printing.
There might be a problem with Print March Notification print job mappings.

I'll try to create a sample sdf. as an example.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2012, 02:16:55 am »
Also, the March feature starts from the last Course selected, so you need to hit Course, then Course 1, then hit March.

On ticket close We may create additional action for setting up first course if march tag is empty or if sub march tags like "serve in 5 minutes" tag is not needed we may enter course names as march tags.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2012, 03:19:26 am »
When you close a ticket you can't update any ticket tags, and the March tag is set by a local variable.

So you need to reset the Course Tag manually to Course 1 to start Marching :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 06:12:29 am by JohnS »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2012, 06:55:52 am »
Found a bug with the order of the ITEM TAG. Infact I think its a Ticket Item bug.

Any products selected with a modifier is placed at the top of the items list on a ticket.

For Example, order entered as

Course 1 - 1 Doz Fresh Oysters
Course 2 - Barramundi & Salad
Course 3 - Garlic Bread
                         * 4 Slices

Kitchen Order and on screen ticket show

Course 3 - Garlic Bread
                         * 4 Slices
Course 1 - 1 Doz Fresh Oysters
Course 2 - Barramundi & Salid

PS - I have created a way for the March to start at Course 1 automatically.

maozen

« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2012, 08:45:53 am »

Thanks
MAO

You'll first choose a Course Tag for defining active course and select a march tag for printing notification. Choosing a March tag should advance Course Tag to the next course after printing.
There might be a problem with Print March Notification print job mappings.

I'll try to create a sample sdf. as an example.

Thanks Emre!!
a sample will be great!!!
i really don't understand where's my mistake.... i've tryed many times......

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2012, 05:27:10 pm »
2.94 has been a welcomed improvement with the modifications to the {ITEM TAG} feature.

I now have Seats sorted and working.

You can select Course & Seat, and it prints grouped by course listing each seats order.
March notification starts at first course by default.
Everytime you select a Course, the Seat resets to Seat 1.

Adding the Seat was as simple as duplicating the Ticket Tag, Rules & Actions of the Course function. The trick is in the 'Update New Line Tag' Rule, change the value to {:COURSE}|{:SEAT}
Then add {ITEM TAG:1} to the front of the Line Template on the Kitchen Orders.

I also added some Rules & Actions to reset the tags on Ticket Create - just to make things a little faster and easier.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2012, 04:00:21 am »
Great Sample!
Should we sort group names alphanumerically?

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2012, 04:19:58 am »
Great Sample!
Should we sort group names alphanumerically?
Probably a good idea.
Can we tag the GROUP TEMPLATE in some way to turn sorting on/off? like ascending <ASC>, descending <DES> to enable sorting options.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2012, 04:28:23 am »
The reason Course 3 is at the top of the Kitchen Ticket is beacuse of the ITEM TAG v's Modifiers bug. Anything modified goes to the top.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2012, 04:54:32 am »
The reason Course 3 is at the top of the Kitchen Ticket is beacuse of the ITEM TAG v's Modifiers bug. Anything modified goes to the top.

OK. I'll fix that and if still needed we can implement sort.

Because we named them as course 1, course 2 I logically think they should follow that order but keeping them in the order they entered will be more useful.