English Boards > Support

Kitchen messages

<< < (2/2)

rvandam:
I have followed the steps you gave exactly (without the feedback part).

The void part is working well, but I cannot get the print part working.

Here is what I did beside the steps from above:

* I made a product group called Messages
* in this group I added 2 products called "Extra person" and " Ready for starter" with a price of 0.01. To be sure I have added an extra space as first character to " Ready for starter"
* I have added the Messages group to the menu
* I have added an extra print task --> product group Messages -->printer and printer template same as Kitchen orders
* I disabled option "close ticket" (also tried enabled) --> Auto print after new rules added to ticket
* I added the print task to the terminal

When I press the Message article button, the article doesn't show up at the screen, so the void part does well

rvandam:
I found the solution :-)

In the action "Print Messages" I typed in the English Print Rule name "Print orders to kitchen printer" Instead I simply should have selected the Dutch localized version from the list....sighs....  :) I think I should have taken one extra coffee before I started this morning.

I also removed the print job "Messages" since it works perfectly without. Printing messages to the kitchen works very intuitive now. I recommend this solution for everybody who needs to communicate to the kitchen by tickets.

Thank you for the great support!!!

rvandam:
Our staff is very creative in finding new problems :-)

I got the complaint that the kitchen messages were erased immediately, so waiter1 could not check if waiter2 has informed the kitchen about passing the main course etc.

My first solution was to print out the kitchen message both in the kitchen as in the bar. This looked like a good solution, but in summer on the terrace we plan to use an extra terminal or tablets.

Second I tried to erase the Messages using rule "ticket close", but unfortunately I could not get this working.

As last resort I decided to abuse the Gift function for this. I marked all messages as gift, and removed the gift line from the ticket template. Because the header was still printed on the tickets, I tagged all messages with an empty space. I use {PRODUCT TAG} to group the products on the ticket.

Although I am missing the gift feature now (which we weren't using anyway), this seems to be the only working solution right now.

If anybody has a better solution I am happy to hear it. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version