English Boards > Support

A big thank you for the Sambapos team

<< < (2/2)

emre:
Hello rvandam. Thank you very much for the suggestions..

I liked the + button idea because it seems like easy to use. But I couldn't understand how it works. Can you give more details about how to calculate the final price and how to display it on ticket?

I saw some SambaPOS users configured most used companion drinks (such as Cola, Fanta, Sprite, Soda, Redbull,etc.) as product options for alcoholic drinks. It adds x price to the drink price but it is not the price when sold separately.

When a customer wants something unexpected like cola + beer (?) instead of a mix they sell & serve them as individual products. So displaying them as different lines on ticket won't be a problem.

Note: In our country when you mix products and sell them as a single item with a single price, VAT becomes the highest VAT.

rvandam:
@emre
In our case when a customer orders a rum/cola, the prices are added. The only thing the + button did was grouping the two articles on the ticket.

Without + button:
Rum 3,25
Cola 2,00

With + button:
Rum + Cola 5,25

In the backoffice both scenario's are booked as 1x Rum high VAT, 1x cola low VAT

With this button the system becomes more flexible, because you can make unusual combinations (customer is king :) ), also with food.

btw: I have added all alcoholic drinks as mix options, and the amount of work was not as much as expected.

Edit: in our case the drinks are mixed at the bar, and the customers would be surprised to get two separate drinks. But you could also use this button for food combinations. For example:  French fries with ketchup and meat balls (the kitchen know now that all food must be served on one plate) 

Edit2: I just had a little discussion with my brother (he takes care of the administration). The handling of the VAT is the same as in your country. When alcohol is added to a drink, the whole drink becomes high VAT. So the VAT information I gave above was not correct.

Also when an item is grouped by a + button the highest VAT tariff must count for the whole combination.

rvandam:
After a few day working work with the pos I must say I am really happy with it:

* I only need a few minutes to explain the pos to employees, so it is very user friendly
* We are addicted to the product options. It was much work to enter all desired options, but now the system is settled and it works like a charm.

A few really small remarks from our employees:
* the lower buttons for main menu and for switching to departments could be a bit higher.
* When a new customer is entered, the phone number is a required field, which is a bit confusing. 

Thanks!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version