Author Topic: please help! how to connect with ipad  (Read 8064 times)

tonishala

please help! how to connect with ipad
« on: January 24, 2013, 10:24:16 am »
Hello everyone,

I have two weeks trying to connect a terminal with e server, i have gone through many problems and through forum i have managed to connect both of them last night, and I'm very happy that i managed to do that.
my next step is to connect to the server with the IPAD also, have read through forum and docs but I'm still confused how to connect through IPAD,
can somebody point me on right direction how to connect and workaround so i will be able to use the IPAD also,

thanks in advance

Tony

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: please help! how to connect with ipad
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:47:06 pm »
Basically you'll install a RDP app (pocket cloud fine) to the IPAD, connect to the server from ipad with this app and run SambaPOS. I can remember we talked about it on forums before.

rvandam

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2013, 01:15:55 pm »
Be sure to have Windows professional edition. You connect to de pos, using Remote Desktop, so you will have to add one user to the Windows installation of your pos. Also be sure to use passwords for your accounts, otherwise Remote Desktop won't work.

You can read further on here:
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php?topic=866.new;topicseen#new

tonishala

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 01:35:10 pm »
thanks for your help, i have managed to patch the termsvc.dll, i have created a new user for my ipad, but i cant connect with rdp through pocket cloud, im runing windows 7 home premium, firewall is off, i have no idea what it could be.  Can any one help me please?

sukasem

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2013, 02:24:53 pm »
Make sure you all Remote desktop connection on your server.

Open Control Panel and type "allow remote desktop" in search box"

tonishala

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2013, 02:38:24 pm »
I have allowed remote desktop conection also, could it be the operating system (windows 7 home premium)?

sukasem

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2013, 04:29:47 pm »
1. you have to choose less secure option
2. user account must have password

tonishala

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2013, 05:08:43 pm »
I have done both of them, but just been surfing the web and i think the main problem should be that i have windows 7 home premium and i have to upgrade it to professional.  ill check that tomorrow, thanks a lot to all of you for great support.

sukasem

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2013, 05:43:02 pm »
Just want to help Emre so, he can have more time for V3  ;)

tonishala

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2013, 03:18:02 am »
Huh finaly its working, windows home premium it was one of the problems, also adding users to allow remote desktop, i had to add users to remote connection.
But the other problem im working on now is trying to connect to terminal app through iphone.
I have tried to open terminal app from server also, i press pin code, blank page with "new ticket" shows at the botom, try to add new ticket and i cant, i will surf the forum and might be able to find a solution, again thanks a lot, i cant belive how fast is working from the ipad also.