English Boards > Support

modifiers

<< < (3/10) > >>

jenem:
Hi John,

What I am trying to achieve is we have a list of free items but a customer can only pick any combination of a set number of items
I would like to flash a warning to flag up a number greater than set has been picked and to remove an item.

I have tried a few things but dont seem to be able to track count.

Onwards and upwards!!

Edgar

JohnS:
Edgar,

Doing the counter is easy and the popup message.
At this stage we can not remove just one modifier as you know, either manual or with scripting.

You can set a prompt when a group item is selected, ie Pizzas, and prompt 'you can only pick 4 modifiers', then prompt when 4 have been selected.

jenem:
Hi John,

Could you give me some pointers on how to set this up please?

I have tried a few things but don't seem to have got anywhere.

Thanks Edgar

JohnS:
I was going to give you some pointers, and make you work for it :). But it was easier this way.

Set 3 Actions
1. Name - 3 Toppings. Action - Show Message 'Pick 3 toppings'
2. Name - 3 Toppings Used. Action - Show message 'Allowed number of toppings picked'
3. Name - Inc Mod Count. Action - Update Program Settings. Name: FreeMods, Value: 1, Type: Increase, IsLocal: True

Set 4 Rules
1. Name - Reset Mod Count. Event - Line Added to Ticket, Action - Update Program Settings - Name: FreeMods, Value: 0
2. Name - Inc Mod Count. Event - Modifier Selected, Actions - Inc Mod Count
3. Name - Free Mods Msg. Event - Modifier Selected, Setting Check - FreeMods = 1, Actions - 3 Toppings
4. Name - Used Mods Msg. Event - Modifier Selected, Setting Check - FreeMods > 2, Actions - 3 Toppings Used

Logoff & Logon.

Notes
- This will apply to all product modifiers. You can lock this down to an item or modifier group by the conditions in the Rules 2-4.
- It does not stop you adding more modifiers.
- Rule 3 activates on selection of first modifier.
- Rule order is critical as rules execute in the order they are created - top to bottom.

Have fun with this.

jenem:
Thanks John,

Try Later!

Edgar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version