Author Topic: modifiers  (Read 19272 times)

jenem

Re: modifiers
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2012, 10:31:59 am »
Emre,

I don't seem to be able to pick up a modifier group name from the dropdown list on the modifier selected rule. I have a list of modifer group names defined But none show in the modifier selected modifier group name Is this correct?

Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 12:19:32 pm »
Hello. Some parameters may not have auto complete values. This is not a requirement. You can type it too.

For solving that issue I implemented a new action named "Remove last modifier" for canceling modifiers.
And you'll be able to read total selected quantity in "Modifier Selected" event. So if you cancel last modifier when total quantity > 2 user will not be able to select more than two items.

I thought about adding "Change last modifier price" action but that will make usage harder. Since we increase quantity as user clicks button it will be hard to differ free items and paid items. I think we should create different groups for free modifiers and paid modifiers. User will be able to choose 2 modifiers from "Free modifiers" group and choose rest from "Paid modifiers" group.. That gives some more flexibility because you can have additional choices in "Paid Modifiers" group.

You'll receive them on next update... That was a nice exercise :) Thanks.

jenem

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 01:37:42 pm »
Hi Emre,

Thank you for your hard work.

Would free modifiers have a user defined count

ie this free modifier may have two free items out of choice of x number of items.

that free modifier may have four free items out of x number of items

One thing that may be of note is when reporting items the modifier items appear at the bottom of the report.is therre a way of linking them to the top item ie

Instead of say 10 coffees  4 teas and in the modifier part of the report cream 4, Milk 6 it would be better to report

Coffee 3
Coffee * cream 2
Tea * milk 2
Pizza > pepperoni > onions*Cheese*pineapple 2

Pizza > pepperoni > onions*Cheese 1

Hope it makes sense. It would be better to group modifiers with the upper level item.

It might make reporting a bit clearer. Just a thought!!

Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 04:15:49 am »
The TotalModifierQuantity constraint will allow you testing the quantity total for the modifier group. So you can call "Remove Last Modifier" aciton if TotalModiferQuanity is greater than a value you configured. You can download 2.81 for testing that.
Thanks...

jenem

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2012, 02:18:52 am »
Hi Emre,
Have tried the modifiers and they are now working brilliantly.
I have set it up so four items are free and if you select a fifth item a warning message pops up and the fifth modifier is removed.
If a customer changes their mind you can easily change a modifier.

Thank you :)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2012, 03:59:33 am »
I have a customer who owns a small cafe. He is interested in SambaPOS, and has raised some scenarios.

He has a 'bible' for the casuals on whats in a meal. He would like to see this on the Kitchen Order, so if he changes a meal, the staff just need to go off the ticket.

For example - a Mixed Grill has
- 2x sausages
- 2x slices bacon
- 2x eggs
- 1x rissole
- 1x lamb chop
- 1x slice toast
- chips

I can do this with modifiers, and automatically select them.
But how do we remove just eggs if the customer does not want them?
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2012, 04:30:21 am »
Well I wrote lots of nonsense and deleted all of them because while writing these I found a simple solution. I don't know why I didn't implemented it before :) I'll add an additional "Remove Modifer" button or change the behavior of current modifier clearing solution. I have to try it now.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2012, 04:42:46 am »
I tried adding items based on the selection of an item (which worked well), but it doesn't give the modifier look, so it just looks messy.

Also, the remove last modifier action seems to remove the last modifier in the list, rather than the last selected modifier.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2012, 04:49:44 am »
Just one thing - while your working your magic, there are two scenarios for updating modifiers

1. Remove the modifier completely - irrespective of its quantity
2. Reduce the modifier quantity by 1

So if you have 2x Eggs selected, you can remove just 1x Egg, without removing 2x Eggs and adding 1x Egg.

jenem

« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2012, 04:58:48 am »
Hi John, Emre.

When ever I wanted to remove a modifier. I selected Item, Select the relevant modifier, and this cleared the modifier off the ticket and if I wanted to change a modifier I just selected modifier to change, this cleared it and I could add a different one. the modifier button sems to act like a toggle.

Edgar

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2012, 05:03:54 am »
I must be missing something, because I can't get it to behave like that.

jenem

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2012, 05:49:18 am »
Hi John,

Just tried again. Yep the modifiers toggle.

I enclosed a screen shot.

Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2012, 06:03:43 am »
Modifiers will toggle if "quantity selection" feature is not enabled. When enabled it will increase quantity on each click... If single selection is enabled you can only select one item from a group.

Decreasing quantity feature is another story.. We'll need additional visual controls for increasing / decreasing quantities. I'm trying to keep this screen as simple as possible. With V3 modifiers totally rewritten and renamed as "Order Tags". We'll have more options there..

IMHO, for small changes on quantity (for example from 2 to 1) removing / adding it again will work faster. You'll receive the "Remove Modifier" button on next release. Removing all modifiers from a single group with X button will work too...

Thanks.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 06:07:06 am by emre »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2012, 06:59:28 am »
Yep. I was right.

I was missing the obvious !!

Thanks guys.

PS - Nice job on the modifiers Edgar. Looks good.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2012, 07:01:08 am by JohnSCS »

jenem

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2012, 08:03:31 am »
Hi John,

Its only a demo because there's going to be a change in menu- hence mayonnaise spelling error!

It would be good to be able to colour(color) the separate modifier categories background and text to make them stand better (not that there's anything wrong with them :))

Edgar