English Boards > Support

Change price button

(1/2) > >>

rvandam:
Is the "change price" button only available for the administrator? I tried to find a way to enable it for a non admin user, but didn't succeed. Even went trough the database but there is no separate permission for this option.

There is a little security risk in enabling this button, but altering the price is also possible in other ways, for example typing 0,1 "product"

The change price button works very well when changing a price of multiple products, therefore a way to enable this button would be great :)

emre:
Sorry. It is only available for administrators. Do you use it for pricing misc products?

rvandam:
We use it for several products. Indeed for misc., but also for example when somebody gives a party with a buffet. It is impossible to put every scenario in the pos, because the price varies on the demand of the customer.

We also have some skittles lanes (a kind of 9 pin bowling). On tournaments the prices are per person. Others pay per hour. Clubs have also other prices etc. etc.

And we have a little shop for which I would like to have only one button.

Is it possible to get a custom build of Sambapos with some enhancements for our specific situation? If yes I will send you an im with my details.

emre:
Hello rvandam. These days I write more forum posts than I write code. Because I don't want our project seems like we have a terrible support and nobody answers questions or fulfill requests. However after some point I have no choice other than rejecting some requests. V3 is what everybody needs and I have to finish that to fulfill a lot of requests at once. Everything other than V3 coding postpones that.

I recommend every members to be more active on forums, collaborate with other members and spread the word to attract more attention to the project. Like every community projects people attention is essential to overcome personal limits.

But there is one more thing. A technology revolution in food business is very near and who can use technology to automate and optimize the business will have great advantage on competition. In the past automation was something we setup once and forget. These days things changes fast. Everyday new startups offers great solutions to the market for better customer reach. To be able to adapt our business to these changes we need an open, flexible and agile software infrastructure. Like SambaPOS...

The future of SambaPOS bright and with your help we can build the best restaurant automation in the world. V2 was the proof of the concept and V3 will bring it to life. Why don't you be a part of it?

Thanks.

rvandam:
@emre I have counted my forum posts, and I realize now that I took lots of your time. I really appreciate the help I got from you and other users. I strongly believe in Sambapos and its future.

When I asked for the custom build I didn't expected it to be for free. We have some small issues for our specific situation, and I am really happy to pay for custom work, and contribute this way for the project (or could you recommend another coder who is familiar with Sambapos?).

I cannot wait to start with v3 and be part of it, but I have read the disclaimer that it is still in alpha state, so I guess it is not suitable yet to use in production. I will try out v3 as soon as our current system is settled, and watch it closely.

I also will watch the forum more for questions I can answer with my experience from last month.

....and, how can I help? If I can contribute on the wiki, or forum in a specific way, please let me know.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version