Author Topic: importing customer details from old pos database  (Read 4323 times)

yousufjam

importing customer details from old pos database
« on: January 25, 2013, 05:52:07 pm »
Hi,
I really like this software and want to make the switch from my old pos system, my problem is i have over 7000 customer details and addresses etc. that i would want to bring with me to sambapos.
my old system uses ms access database (.mdb) files.
Is there a relatively quick way i could import my customer details somehow, from the mdb or xls file.
I know very little about sql so any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jamil

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: importing customer details from old pos database
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 06:14:31 pm »
You can import an XLS file to a SQL database table with SQL management studio. There is a tutorial about that but it is in Turkish. When I have time I'll translate it to English.

Until I translate that you can have a look to screenshots. Screenshots are in English and it is pretty understandable. Google translate might help too.

http://www.sambapos.org/docs/doku.php/tr/tips/excel_den_musteri_listesi_sambapos_a_nasil_aktarilir

yousufjam

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 07:08:26 pm »
Thanks for such a speedy reply emre, don't you ever sleep?
That link was very useful, i have one small problem though, My customer addresses are made up of more than one field;
eg. street, town, city,Postcode

In Sambapos, the address is a single field, do you know how i can make my addresses into a single field?

Thanks

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 07:40:24 pm »
If it is on excel file you can easily merge multiple cells on a single cell with a function like =b2+c2