Author Topic: Menu Button So Small  (Read 6865 times)

indypctech

Menu Button So Small
« on: January 03, 2013, 04:46:50 pm »
Hello everyone
happy new years and thanx for all the great help

i have a problem  at my restaurant our menu has more than 10 items per category  i notice on samba pos the menu button get really small when u have more then 7 items why is that what can i do to make them stop ? my employees cannot see the item name its too small please help

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Menu Button So Small
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 06:28:29 pm »
There are different solutions for that. Is it possible to post a screen shot that demonstrates the problem?

indypctech

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2013, 12:34:37 pm »
here is what they look like

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2013, 04:35:20 pm »
Here are the options:
1. You can use small numberpad type for that category by changing numerator type to small from category settings (edit category on menu settings). So you'll be able to decrease column numbers.

2. You can modify button headers for multiple lines. Click "Edit Product Properties" and on "Header" column add \r to break a button header to multiple lines. For example [/b]Hot\rSandwich[/b] will displayed in two lines. If you want to do it for all button headers you enable "Wrap Text" setting for a Menu Category.

3. By increasing the Page Count of that category you can break that category to multiple pages.

4. Visit this link http://sambapos.org/en/content/sambapos-252-test-release for sub-category feature.

Please share the result with us.
Thanks

indypctech

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 11:17:15 pm »
emre  i keep having issues with this

no matter what i do if it goes over lets say 6 button they start to go small its very hard to work with

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2013, 06:24:24 am »
Did you tried decreasing column count for that category?

indypctech

« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 12:14:20 pm »
columm count is set to 0 what should it be too ?  we love the software but this is a big problem because we cannot see name of the items everything is so small   

rvandam

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 12:58:07 pm »
You have now 8 columns now, try to set the column value to 7. If the text is still too small try 6. Value 0 means "let Sambapos figure it out" At which column value is your text readable?

You will see that the button list will be too long, and you will have to scroll down for the lower buttons.

You have two options then:

1. make the num pad smaller (like Emre suggested above)

2. make subcategories. For like example starters, main courses and deserts.
Like suggested before, visit: http://sambapos.org/en/content/sambapos-252-test-release

ttduc

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 12:01:26 am »
Hi Emre,

I see the Gratuity button in the above picture. How can I add one like his ? Please advise

Thank you

ericrevollo

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2013, 09:14:46 am »
what I did was to reduce the column number to 1 then changed the number of pages to 3, play with those settings until you find what you want