Author Topic: Default Gift Item does not allow modifiers to be selected  (Read 4343 times)

lemmings

Default Gift Item does not allow modifiers to be selected
« on: February 25, 2013, 01:41:18 pm »
I have an item on our menu which is currently FREE, so its gifted, to enable ticket to be settled - No problem I can automatically set the GIFT reason via rules.

Issue is the particular item has modifiers and these will not come up when the item is either set to default to GIFT. Auto Select on the item is ticked, it works fine until I added the default GIFT.

At the moment we are having to remember to manually GIFT the item each time its selected but is there a rule I'm missing to allow this, so that an item is automatically GIFTED and the reason selected depending on the Menu Item Name.  The only other way is a Ticket Tag similar to the COURSE tag but how do I discount the item 100% - and will it allow the bill to be settled this way ?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Default Gift Item does not allow modifiers to be selected
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2013, 09:42:27 pm »
Did you tried gifting that item with gift last item action? I think you can do it with ticket line added rule filters

lemmings

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2013, 05:19:53 pm »
Hi Emre

Thats how I tried it but it does not seem to take any notice, it GIFTS the item but it comes up as undefined on the reports ?

I'am going to try setting up a manual rule based on product type and portion type and hopefully using the Action Gift Last Item this will work ?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 01:37:49 am »
As far as I can remember you can assign a gift reason with Gift Last Item action.

lemmings

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2013, 06:00:05 am »
Hi Emre

Sorry I forgot to mention Last Item Gift Action works but does not automatically bring up modifiers. You have to reselect item for modifiers to show.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2013, 07:32:12 am »
Hello Lemmings. Let me understand your problem.
You have a product named "Ice Cream" and you enabled autoselect for it. That means when you click it you can see modifiers screen.

To be able to automatically gift that item:

- You created an action named "Gift Item" and filled properties.
- You created a rule for "Ticket Line Added" event and you filtered it to work for Ice Cream and assigned "Gift Item" action.

Now.. When you click "ice cream" it Gifts Ice Cream but it does not show modifiers screen.

Did I understood it right?

lemmings

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2013, 08:24:26 pm »
Hi Emre

Yes, exactly correct.  The Rule works and action selects correct GIFT item but I do not get the modifiers screen.  I have to highlight the item again for the modifiers to appear.