Author Topic: ticket printed before trigger  (Read 5161 times)

lewasabisushi

ticket printed before trigger
« on: February 11, 2013, 07:18:13 am »
I want to do something like this:
when a costumer put an order, thw waitress shall select table then select costumer. when a certain costumer selected, a price definition is activated an every item shall be calculated with this price.
here is what I did:
I set up a price definition on products menu and enter the value from price list editor. no problem.
I set up an action to update last ticket price list with the appropriate price definition.
I set up a rule when a costumer is selected the action shall be executed.
now is the problem:
I can't select costumer before an item is selected. the button is disabled until there is an item for order.
after I have an item, I am able to select costumer. unfortunately the price changed for the next item, not the one that already on the list and our kitchen order is printed before I finish entering the order. usually the printing process only started after I click close button.
when I have several items on order list. only the last item will have the new price.
any suggestion? thanks.

lemmings

Re: ticket printed before trigger
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:46:22 pm »
Have you tried when selecting a customer first.

I.e from main screen, enter Cash Drawer, select Customer, highlight customer concerned, this will take you to the ticket screen.
You can add items and they should take notice of your price list.

Before you close you can select a table and treat in the normal way

lewasabisushi

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:53:58 pm »
I have several staffs, e.g. waiter that only able to enter POS screen. From there they only able to select costumer after an item (or several items) is added to the ticket.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 09:14:17 pm »
lewasabisushi, That was something I've dealt once and at the end we solved our case by creating a separate delivery department. I hope I'll handle these cases better on future versions .