Author Topic: Authorize.Net With sambapos ?  (Read 7954 times)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Authorize.Net With sambapos ?
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2013, 06:29:42 pm »
I would like to make a quick note here.

Terminal based credit card processing is illegal in some countries - please check before you use this feature.
In Australia, all card transactions must be done via an authorised EFTPOS terminal.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

bluexxx

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2013, 12:31:44 am »
Dear DQ ,

i have downloaded and had a look for your coding ..First of all , Thanks sharing it with us !

i have couple question  ,

1- what is the Serial Port Section for ? (I assume it is for C.C swiper and i have usb swiper )

2-  is Grauity field percentage ?  how do you set Grauity Template ?

3- how do you handle tips ? Does First Data allow you to adjust swiped amount ?

I was getting serial port error so could not run any transaction ...Thanks

DQ

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2013, 04:44:59 am »
1- what is the Serial Port Section for ? (I assume it is for C.C swiper and i have usb swiper )
yes, I am using IBM integrated MSR reader.  there is a function to read data from MSR which you need to override with yours or comment out.
In future, I am planning to move that code out as a generic service so it can be used for reading employee card for login and reading gift card number when sold.

2-  is Grauity field percentage ?  how do you set Grauity Template ?
Yes, it is percentage. I don't use it.  I think you can create Graduity template from service templates.

3- how do you handle tips ? Does First Data allow you to adjust swiped amount ?
Yes. It supports different types of transactions including pre-auth. You can pre-auth sale amount and later adjust the tip. I have not used that feature as at my  fast-food restaurant, we don't allow tips over credit card transactions.

4. I was getting serial port error so could not run any transaction ...Thanks
If you are entering data manually, don't press Swipe button. Just select "Send" which will send the request to the server.
that's how I test from my laptop.

indypctech

« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2013, 05:28:23 pm »
DQ thanks for your help

For tips do we have to create a print template or is it already done ? i am still trying to figure out the this issue since my restaurant is dine in and customer leave tips all the time  could u point me in the right direction thank u

how would i run a charge if customer will leave tip ?

how can i keep my existing data from previous samba ? will  it delete my data if i installed and connect to my sql server ?