Author Topic: Buying a Caller ID capable ISDN modem  (Read 7211 times)

One33Seven

Buying a Caller ID capable ISDN modem
« on: February 18, 2013, 03:22:02 am »
Today I'm going to buy a Caller ID capable ISDN modem so we can have Caller ID. Does any modem work out of the box or are there criteria or a certain standard the modem needs to adhere to?

One33Seven

Re: Buying a Caller ID capable ISDN modem
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2013, 06:17:36 pm »
I just realized SambaPOS only supports Caller ID through the Caller ID module in SambaMarket. This is no good for me because

1. I am in The Netherlands and over here we have a different system and
2. We have ISDN at the store so I can't hook up any analog lines.

Why doesn't SambaPOS support Caller ID through the Windows TAPI interface?

rvandam

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 06:37:25 am »
This doesnt answer your question, but as a workaround you could buy an used isdn pbx with analog ports. Since isdn is slowly abandoned you can buy these pbx boxes real cheap. Most Dutch isdn pbx's have dtmf caler id.

One33Seven

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 06:45:09 am »
This doesnt answer your question, but as a workaround you could buy an used isdn pbx with analog ports. Since isdn is slowly abandoned you can buy these pbx boxes real cheap. Most Dutch isdn pbx's have dtmf caler id.

Yes I could by a QuatroVox but the problem with that is that (as far as I can see) SambaPOS only implements Caller ID throught the USB box available on SambaMarket. It doesn't support USB or PCI Modem's so I still wouldn't have any Caller ID.

What I did was make my own TAPI implementation so I can access the modem directly in Windows and get Caller ID.