Author Topic: Ticket Printer is printing "!a" code  (Read 6349 times)

GAPJr

Ticket Printer is printing "!a" code
« on: February 19, 2013, 07:48:38 pm »
Dear friends,

In about 3 weeks I intend to use Samba POS 2 in a restaurant.
The software is amazing, far better than many others I've tried before.
Today I bought a Thermal Printer to play with it.
While testing Kitchen messages, I noticed that a weird code is being printed: "!a"
I'd like to know if there is a way to remove that annoying code "!a".

Thank you fellows.
Glauberio

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Ticket Printer is printing "!a" code
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 08:07:56 pm »
These are ESC-POS commands to tell printer how to format lines. These commands appears there because printer does not understand them. If your printer supports ESC-POS emulation enable it through driver software. If it does not support ESC-POS emulation change printer type to "Text Printer" from Management > Printers so SambaPOS won't send these commands. In this case you'll loose some printing features such as bold printing or font sizing.

lewasabisushi

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 10:18:06 pm »
My printer was doing the same thing. Then I use hardware switch inside the printer to turn the printer as POS printer as suggested by Mr. Emre. Now they are working fine.

GAPJr

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2013, 12:21:16 pm »
Thank you Enre and lewasabisushi for a very quick response,
Unfortunately my printer does NOT support ESC-POS emulation.
I tried "Text Printer" as suggested by Enre and the annoying "!a" code disappeared, BUT, it is consuming too much paper (seems printing 1 row and jumping the next one). Is there any way to correct "Text Printer" ? Otherwise I'll need to keep the annoying "!a" code in order to save paper.

Best Regards,
Glauberio

lewasabisushi

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 09:05:26 pm »
I am using a thermal printer with generic text driver instead of using its manufacturer driver.
First I add printer from printer and faxes (device and printer in win 7) --> local (which port you use) --> generic --> generic text only
give it a name and use it in sambapos. I am able to print a logo with this printer even though the driver is generic text only.