Author Topic: Howto add menu's to the management interface  (Read 5807 times)

One33Seven

Howto add menu's to the management interface
« on: February 19, 2013, 06:41:10 am »
From my previous post it was clear that I was working on a TAPI implementation for SambaPOS.
http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,1209.0.html

It's done and I have it working, had a little problem with Windows 8 as somehow TAPI 3.0 in Windows 8 is broken. What I did was remove the current library in CidMonitor and replace it with TAPI functions. Currently it's all hardcoded and there's no way to change any settings but I would like to add an extra menu option to the management interface so people can select their modem and set it up. I'm not a C# person and I'm having trouble figuring this out.

Second, I'm going to push my code to Github but the current implementation is not compatible with what is in place rightnow. Like I said (for convenience) I completely removed the current libraries and code in CidMonitor and replaced it with my own. This means my implementation completely destroys the current implementation. Are there any active devs who can advise me on howto get both implementations working side-by-side?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Howto add menu's to the management interface
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2013, 04:03:01 pm »
Hello One33Seven
- Duplicate CidMonitor and rename it to something like TapiMonitor or else. Update it with your implementation.
- Create a fork on Github and push your changes there.
- Send me a pull request and we can implement the configuration part together.

I also checked the Windows 8 issue. I don't know the real reason of the problem but it seems some people solved their problems with registry modifications.