English Boards > Support

IBM 2x20 VFD integrated Customer Display setting

<< < (2/2)

JohnS:
Now that I know you are running a SurePOS system, I can see why you are having issues.
The command set is IBM specific. Most generic Pole Displays run an Epson emulation and I think this is where the problem is - SambaPOS is designed to use the ESC/POS command set for printers and pole displays. I'm not saying that it wont work, as both IBM and Epson (ESC/POS) will share some codes, but I think this is the problem.

I was given a second hand SurePOS system last year, and I had issues getting SambaPOS (and two other POS systems) running smoothly with all the hardware. In the end, the test system I had built from bits and pieces actually worked a lot better, and was the system I used when we were adding features to the earlier versions of SambaPOS.

Sorry DQ, but without a SurePOS for testing, I can't help you much more than that.

DQ:
John,
  Even though it is proprietary hardware, it does compliant to JavaPOS or OPOS standards. Ofcourse the commands are different.

I think the problem for me is cash-drawer and customer display are sharing the port (I don't understand how two devices sharing same serial port though), when I send cash-drawer command, it displayed on VFD.

JohnS:
DQ,

Maybe rework your logic for the two.
Instead of having two print jobs and two templates running to open cash drawer and display total/tendered/change, combine them.
Add the cash drawer code to the top of the pole display template, that way when you receive a payment, you are opening the cash drawer and then displaying the total in one action.
For cases where you only require the cash drawer to open, display NO SALE on the pole display. This way even though the pole display will still show the cash drawer code initially, it is quickly over written hiding it.

DQ:
that's smart.  Thx. I will implement that way.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version