English Boards > Support

Multiple SambaPOS running on single computer with different connection string.

(1/2) > >>

SAMBA USER:
Hello everone,
First of all cheer to SambaPOS team for a great software.
My question is if I want to install multiple SambaPOS  into to single computer with different connection string for each, would it be possible and the step to do it.  I've tried but always end up with the same string on all of them when log out and back in again.  I want to have different screen for different menu at different time of the day.
Is it possible? Running 2.99 CE.

Thanks
Samba User

emre:
Did you tried creating multiple departments with separate menu configurations? If you only want to change prices by time of the day it is also possible by using price lists.

SAMBA USER:
Hey Emre,
I've tried that. Putting the .sdf files in different locations, drives,usb, folders.  It would turn to the latest string on both application.  Although the application is on different folder and location, they converged to the latest when open another SAMBAPOS app.

Gr8 work on the software!

JohnS:
The reason why you cannot run two installations on the same computer is not just the database, but also there is a settings file that SambaPos uses to know which database to connect to. This file is loaded first and must be in one of the known locations for SambaPos to find it.

Using multiple departments is the best solution, otherwise you could develop a script (similar to the training script I wrote) to change the connection string to the different databases. But the side affect is that only one instance of SambaPos can run at any one time.

SAMBA USER:
Thanks John,
Even if installed another on a different drive in a different computer then transfer the drive over?

:-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version