English Boards > Support

Print Template missing tags

<< < (6/8) > >>

jenem:
As ever John, Thanks will try out later.

Just going out to repair a compressor :(

Edgar

emre:
Hello John and Edgar...
Since Update Ticket Tag action works like Program Settings there is no need to pre-define ticket tags.
It is useful if you want to have side buttons and want to see these tags on reports.
Thanks...

jenem:
Hi Emre,

"Since Update Ticket Tag action works like Program Settings there is no need to pre-define ticket tags.
It is useful if you want to have side buttons and want to see these tags on reports. "

I don't quite understand what you mean.

Do you mean you do not have to create a ticket tag to use TICKETAG on the printed receipt?
Do you have to create different rules/actions to the ones we created for Change Due, Tendered etc?

I just tried to replace SETTING with TICKETTAG but results were 0, and 0 in amount tendered and change.

What are the benefits and application of using TICKETTAG?

Thanks

Edgar

emre:
Yes, if you use actions / rules for updating ticket tag values you don't need creating Ticket Tags.
You can update CHANGEDUE ticket tag value with Update Ticket Tag action and print its value with {TICKETTAG:CHANGEDUE}. Program settings are global values but Ticket Tag values stored in ticket header data...

For example you can store "Waiter = Emre" value on a ticket and track which waiter received that order .. You'll need buttons for choosing a waiter. For this reason you'll create a ticket tag group and enter waiter names as values. But for storing ChangeDue = 2.45 we don't need a button because action will do it automatically for us when payment screen generates a change due value. Since these values stored with ticket data reprints will work.

jenem:
Thanks Emre,

"Waiter = Emre"

It should be me waiting on you for all your hard work !!

By the way found Turkish text in red while creating department

Edgar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version