English Boards > Support

Feedback on Tablets: RDP Route or Windows Tablet Route?

(1/2) > >>

Isaac:
Hi People

SambaPOS is the most user friendly and easy to learn POS System I have come across and hoping to implement my system very soon. Once the hardware arrives that is. Thumbs up to Emre and everyone involved.

I have tested SambaPOS on a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tablet(Android) using 2X RDP APP. Not bad but I felt that there was definitely some lag. I also did not rate the touch screen on it.

Common sense suggests that a Windows Tablet that has the sambapos installed directly on it will be more responsive but I am yet to test this as I do not have a Windows Tablet.

So my question what is likely to perform better?

Android via RDP APP "2X"
Apple Tablet via RDP APP "PocketCloud"

or a Windows Tablet?

Please share your experiences in this post.

Isaac:
Anyone?

lemmings:
I originally tried a galaxy tablet and performance was OK but every so often communications would hang so it was what I would call unreliable.

I swapped to Sony Windows tablet which was roughly the same hardware spec but I never had the RDP bottleneck so it proved reliable and usuable.

I have never bothered with Apple kit as I dont like them again mainly because the known issues when communicating with Windows based systems.

Hope this helps.

Stelzi79:
When the WebApi is more complete it will be very easy to code Win8/WinPhone 8-, Android- and iOS-Apps for SambaPOS. RDP-Protokoll is havier because there is more data transfered. The WebApi will be a simple http-rest-api which would be faster but you have to code a client. I think on the longrun the WebApi will be a better aproach to do mobile touchbased POSing.

Isaac:

--- Quote from: lemmings on June 13, 2013, 12:10:03 pm ---I originally tried a galaxy tablet and performance was OK but every so often communications would hang so it was what I would call unreliable.

I swapped to Sony Windows tablet which was roughly the same hardware spec but I never had the RDP bottleneck so it proved reliable and usuable.

I have never bothered with Apple kit as I dont like them again mainly because the known issues when communicating with Windows based systems.

Hope this helps.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for sharing your experience Lemmings. Is your tablet running on Windows RT? If not do you know if it will run on a Windows RT Tablet?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version