Author Topic: Selection Required Option on Ticket Tag  (Read 7059 times)

lemmings

Selection Required Option on Ticket Tag
« on: June 16, 2013, 06:21:53 pm »
Not sure if this is correct behaviour but hopefully someone can answer.

I have set up a Server ticket tag which requires user to enter the name of the waiter/waitress assigned to the order, recently its not been filled in by staff and causing some confusion so I decided to make it compulsory to be entered and therefore ticked "Selection Required".

BUT instead of the pop-up stating Cannot leave server empty when you try to close a ticket the software seems to wait until you have paid the ticket before showing the pop-up - by this time the money have been taken, receipt printed !

I have tried all the options available in the ticket tag dialog screen with all types of user roles with the same result, anyone noticed this or know how to get Sambapos to display the pop-up after selecting to close ticket the first time the order details are entered.

Thanks

lernoutmaltas

Re: Selection Required Option on Ticket Tag
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 08:50:40 pm »
I had this problem too, I tested several situations the solution I was to create action when the employee closes the commands that emergence is a message saying that he had to mark (in my case was motorcyclist) who delivered the request, if I let the tag ticket as mandatory gave this problem you mentioned

lemmings

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2013, 03:56:59 pm »
I still cannot set this to work with Actions and Rules.

I want the server name to be included on the tickets compulsory.

lernoutmaltas - can you let me know what Actions and Rules you applied

lernoutmaltas

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2013, 04:29:33 am »
Hi lemmings, I apologize for not replying here before, but basically I did the following

1 - I created a POP UP action and wrote a message saying that "Whenever the return delivery with the request that it be given before completing the fixation"

2 - I created a rule that the Close command from the delivery department that is dawns this message

3 - I created the tags Ticket where I put the name of every motorcyclist when the attendants click the name of the delivery tag for receiving commands will

Thus was the one who decided because if I mark it as mandatory tag u will get the error you mentioned.

I do not know if I could properly explain, again I apologize for being slow to respond, do not know if I can put my skype here in the forum, but if we can communicate via skype is easier to help you, I'm testing the V3 think it will solve this problem

hugs lemmings

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2013, 06:17:49 pm »
Lemmings,

You are right, that selection required should trigger at the press of the settle button, not payment.

My suggestion would be to add a rule for 'Line Added to Ticket' with a condition 'Ticket Tag !? Driver' and display a message 'Select Driver'
This way, every time an item is selected and a Driver has not been selected, it will pop up a message. As soon as a Driver is selected, the message no longer pops up.

Not the solution you want, but staff will get annoyed after a while and start selecting the Driver first.
If your not using the Fast Food Department Type, set the Driver Ticket Tag as the POS Default Ticket Tag in the department settings. This will list the Drivers on the POS screen first.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

lemmings

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2013, 02:08:16 am »
JohnS

Thanks. I figured that I could only use Line Added to Ticket as this appeared the only rule that I could query a Ticket Tag. I was applying the condition incorrectly and therefore my pop-up appeared all the time regardless of whether the tag was completed or not.

That works so it will only be an annoying pop-up for a while until the staff get into the habit of completing the Server Name.