Author Topic: Multiple terminal help  (Read 6995 times)

lemmings

Multiple terminal help
« on: July 05, 2013, 07:21:02 am »
Sorry but i probably need pointing in the correct direction.

I have assisted setting up my Uncles restaurant, we are using SQLEXPRESS - this is all set up and working.  We have the main till (Win 7) and one Android tablet to take orders at tables.

Have set up RDP on tablet, second user on till, started messaging server on till, logged on in second user on Android tablet.

It works apart from the updating of table information - we have to press a button before the information is refreshed.

I have trawled the forums and followed just about every suggestion I can find and nothing fixes the problem.

It states you start messaging server on the main server - i.e the till in this case but do not autostart on any additional terminals but I cannot seem to set this up in Manage > Terminals.

If I tick autostart on server it also ticks autostart on terminal and then I get an error when trying to start messaging server as more than one instance running.

So how do you configure information for two terminals in Manage > Terminals so that one autostarts and the other does not.

Its going to be something silly but I am running out of time.

If anyone can help it would be appreciated

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Multiple terminal help
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 07:34:10 am »
Run the Message Server (Samba.MessagingServer.exe) ONLY ON ONE computer. Easiest way is to put a short cut in your Start Menu Startup folder, and make sure its set to Start Server Automatically.

Then on every Terminal (including the terminal running Message Server) go to Settings->Local Settings, and set Message Server Name as the computer name of the terminal running the Message Server, Tick Auto Start Message Client, save, and restart SambaPOS.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

lemmings

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 08:38:12 am »
Thanks.

So should all instances of SambaPos running show green Connected or just the server is running the Messaging Server.

Isaac

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 10:09:01 am »
All terminals that have successfully connected to the Messaging Server will have the status 'Connected.' on the bottom right corner.

lemmings

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2013, 10:55:49 am »
Thanks my problem was a copy of SambaSetrings.txt in second profile which conflicted the details of how it should run.

Edit the file and now its running.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2013, 06:04:33 pm »
When using a terminal server (2003,2008 or Win7 patch), you need to move the SambaSettings.txt file to the Users profiles or it becomes a shared file for all users - which will cause heaps of issues.

http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,1530.msg7049.html#msg7049
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.