Author Topic: seat numbering on one order , clock in/out for waitress,export customers list  (Read 9220 times)

NRIKE

hi,
already thank you for your concern
-first , i just know if it's possible to assign orders to specific seat positions in ordering (after table's selecting and opening )!!!!!!and how can i configurate sambapos for it
-second  is that it is possible to use samba to have a log of departures and arrivals of cooks, waiters,cashiers and waitresses (restaurant staff)
- and finally I would like to export a list of my customers with contact already stored in my database sambapos
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 06:31:13 pm by NRIKE »

JohnS

• Global Moderator
1. Yes - see your other thread
2. No - SambaPOS does not do staff timekeeping
3. No - but maybe through a SQL script.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

NRIKE

....."3. No - but maybe through a SQL script."
thanks for your interess but could u help me to do this with a query for example

lemmings

There are a few ways to accomplish the exporting of data:

You could use the SQL Import and Export Data Wizard.

Or open up SQL Management Studio, select the table Customers. Select the top left corner of the table rows and columns to select all the table, then copy and paste into Excel.

I use Excel directly and link to the SQL Server database tables I want.  That way when I open up the Excel spreadsheet my data is refreshed and up to date as the SambaPos data.

If you wanted you could use a SQLCMD batch script to automate the collection of data and saving to an Excel csv file.

NRIKE

There are a few ways to accomplish the exporting of data:

...I use Excel directly and link to the SQL Server database tables I want.  That way when I open up the Excel spreadsheet my data is refreshed and up to date as the SambaPos data.

If you wanted you could use a SQLCMD batch script to automate the collection of data and saving to an Excel csv file....

i prefer this solution too but how can i do to create an excel file for this solution

lemmings

Startup Excel, Select Data Tab, Then Get External Data > From Other Sources > SQL Server

Once the dialog box opens up complete the name of the SQL Server and password

Next box asks which database you want to connect to - so this will be SambaData2, then with the connect to a specific table box ticked you can select the table you wish to load - Customers is the one you require in this instance.

The Next box allows you to save the connection and enter a description against it, click Finish.

At this point you will be asked what type of spreadsheet you require and at what position you need the data, you can leave the defaults which will format a table and position the data at A1.

You can save the spreadsheet at this point with whatever name you require.

You also have the option to Unlink the spreadsheet from the Data Connection - but your data will no longer be updated.

NRIKE

:D thanks a lot boss  ;D