Author Topic: Searching item or shortcut key  (Read 5772 times)

doublemaster007@gmail.com

Searching item or shortcut key
« on: August 13, 2013, 08:00:36 am »
Hi

1) I am using SambaPos2.9 version. Just planning to deploy SambaPos in restaurant. I have plenty of items (over hundred). Each category has many many items. Since we are new to this, Each time searching a product takes several minutes. During peak hour it becomes increasingly difficult to use software since it takes more time...
a. What are the solutions for this? Periodic consumption item list keeping separate is not a solution for me.
b. Is there any way i can support, search item, use item code, short cut key some thing like this?

2) Another problem i am facing is, i have lengthy names in my menu. So text inside the button becomes very very small. This adds to problem which  i a already facing for searching item. What can i do to avoid this?

Regards
Nasir

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Searching item or shortcut key
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:18:43 am »
Nasir,

Organisation of your menu is the key. Product Group Names & Menu Group Names can be different, and you can use Sub Menu Tags as well in the Menu Group to create a sub menu. Even the Product Name in the Menu can be different or shorter.

At the POS screen, you can just type a product name to do a search, and it will filter down the products for you.

To wrap long Product Names use \r in the name where you want the name to wrap to a new line.

See attached image - its from V3 but its the same settings.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:23:28 am by JohnS »
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

doublemaster007@gmail.com

Re: Searching item or shortcut key
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 04:21:04 pm »
Thanks for repy. I think you are right. I will check this and get back.