English Boards > V3 Development

Configuring Payouts to Suppliers from Cash

<< < (2/5) > >>

QMcKay:
Tried something different...

I changed action AC Payout to create a Transaction Document that transfers funds from Cash to the Supplier Account (instead of Pay Ticket action).  This appears to work: it debits Cash and credits the Supplier Account.  But now I can not kill the Payout Ticket without Cancelling or Voiding (which reverses the Transaction).  If I don't Void/Cancel and Close the Ticket, I can't End Work Period.

I'm note sure what to do at this point.

emre:
Sorry I'm on a vacation now and a little tired so maybe I didn't understand how you'll use that. You should close ticket with a payment so maybe you can configure a new ticket type, new payment type and configure required payment transaction as your need. Maybe it can be just the reverse of the customer payment transaction.

The error message generates because there is duplicate use of a transaction type. It is hard to understand the problem from the error message but that happens if you assign a sale transaction for another action other than the ticket transaction. For example if you assign sale transaction type to a ticket type and a payment type these will generate two transactions with same transaction type. For sale transactions this is not permitted. 

QMcKay:
The premise is simple, and it is based on this document, which works, but it is not simple and intuitive for a cashier or manager to execute:

http://sambapos.org/en/content/configuring-cash-transactions-v2-users

If you look at my original post, you should see what I'm trying to achieve:

--- Quote ---I'd like to know how to configure Payouts to Vendors/Suppliers from the Cash drawer so that when I get a delivery of Soda/Beer/Eggs/Meat/etc from one of my suppliers, I can simply click a "Payout" button, select the Supplier, enter the Payout Amount, kick the drawer, and give the supplier the cash.

I've created Supplier Entities and Accounts, as well as Expense Transactions, but I'm having trouble getting it to all work in a simple manner.  At this point, I need to go into Accounts, select Cash, click Account details, click Cash Expense, pick the Supplier from a drop-down-list, enter the Amount, and click Save.  There must be a simpler way to do this from the POS SCREEN, instead of the Account screen.
--- End quote ---

If I payout cash from the drawer, this will help me reconcile at the end of the day.  The Payout should also increase the value in the supplier's account, so I can track my spending with the supplier.

So, what I'm trying to do is have a Payout Department, with Products that my suppliers sell to me.  Clicking Payout or Settle should Debit the Cash drawer and Credit the supplier account.  It's that simple.  Maybe I need to start over: wipe out all the Supplier Accounts, Supplier Transaction Types and Supplier Documents, then reconfigure from scratch.

sukasem:
Hi,
Have you look at this How To http://www.sambapos.org/en/content/adding-refund-button-cash ?
I think the way you do it might be conflict with the idea of sale screen that somehow may cause an error I don't know.
But you may find the way around in the account screen may make more sense. May be sales screen was code for Sales and Receivable account and Account screen is design for accounting.
Just my 2 cents

sukasem:
Btw, The tutorial show to hot add cash refund. But I do it for all kind of payment account. It works even tho some payment type has some buttons not for this account show up but I think I maybe setup account type thing not correctly.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version