English Boards > Support

Tranfer ticket from server A to server B.

(1/2) > >>

morcrag:
Is there any way to transfer an open ticket. I would like to keep the work period active but transfer the ticket from the first shift server to the second shift server. I would think it might be some type of ticket tag.

JohnS:
Are you talking about changing the Waiter on a ticket or moving open tickets to a new Work Period?

morcrag:
Keep the same work period. Change the server (bartender/wait staff).

JohnS:
So how are you retrieving the staff name?
Are you using Ticket Tags? username?

Why is this an issue? Are you restricting staff to only see their tickets?
What version of SambaPOS are you using?

morcrag:
I thought it was clear that I was looking for information on how this (transfer a ticket from staff member A to staff member B) might be done.

I am a consultant and broker of business systems. I have tested most POS software, particularly restaurant POS software. I have installed, maintained, and/or corrected several POS systems including Amigo, Micro$ale, Digital Dinning, PCAmerica RPE, and Plexis.

I had an old friend that wanted a POS system for their bar. They had a price point to spend and Samba POS allowed me to meet their price point criteria. It is a small operation grossing around $20,000 a month. At the time the bar only ran one shift and there were no problems. However they now run two shifts on weekends and need a better breakdown of data.

What I am asking for is available in every POS software that I have tested. Transferring a ticket is needed for several reasons in the F&B industry.

The location is running SambaPOS 299a. I have loaded and tested 299c, 3026b, 3_135.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version