English Boards > Support

HELp Required:!!

<< < (3/5) > >>

JohnS:
Correct. Each device has it's own login to the terminal server. I used POS01, POS02, and POS03.
Just make sure each has it's own terminal name in SambaPOS.

mozhi:
Hey John,
One more query regd.the terminal services. I have installed windows 7 ultimate on my x86 - pc. Can you send me the link for the terminal services patch for concurrent user login.

Also does it require that the user has to be a administrator user to use the terminal services? have you tested it with standard user accounts?

Thanks in Advance  :)

JohnS:
I have sent you a PM.

Users can be standard users. Just create separate logins for each user and make sure that SambaPOS is setup and working for each user before you try remoting in with other devices.

mozhi:
John,
is there any settings that i should use to make the standard user to allow remote desktop connection as by default only the administrator privileged accounts are accessible through RDP sessions.

Regd. the application to run on ipod, can you suggest the suitable settings like the fit to screen option on RDP lite/ any other free app on iphone.

If my windows machine is set to a higher resolution say 1280 x 1024, and if i set the resolution on ipod rdp client to 400 x 600, how will it work? should i lock the screen after getting the right screen size and try operating on the ipod?

The reason behind asking this question is when i use my windows phone with fit to window option, I am able to completely view all the menu items and the ordered items as well clearly, where as in the ipod it is not very clear, i have to zoomin every time to check if the order taken is correct or not.

JohnS:

--- Quote from: mozhi on March 06, 2012, 02:10:58 am ---John,
is there any settings that i should use to make the standard user to allow remote desktop connection as by default only the administrator privileged accounts are accessible through RDP sessions.

--- End quote ---
Go to Control Panel -> System -> Remote Settings
Select 'Allow Connections from Computers running any version of RDP'
Select Users and add your remote users

--- Quote from: mozhi on March 06, 2012, 02:10:58 am ---Regd. the application to run on ipod, can you suggest the suitable settings like the fit to screen option on RDP lite/ any other free app on iphone.

--- End quote ---
I run PocketCloud Pro @ 400x600. Most don't allow you to set a custom screen resolution. Mocha RDP Lite does allow custom resolutions.

--- Quote from: mozhi on March 06, 2012, 02:10:58 am ---If my windows machine is set to a higher resolution say 1280 x 1024, and if i set the resolution on ipod rdp client to 400 x 600, how will it work? should i lock the screen after getting the right screen size and try operating on the ipod?

The reason behind asking this question is when i use my windows phone with fit to window option, I am able to completely view all the menu items and the ordered items as well clearly, where as in the ipod it is not very clear, i have to zoomin every time to check if the order taken is correct or not.

--- End quote ---
The Terminal App was originally designed for Windows Mobile. Using different devices will give varying results.
Most RDP programs can be set to a specific resolution and Windows will use this.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version