Author Topic: HELp Required:!!  (Read 13034 times)

wawan

Re: HELp Required:!!
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2012, 06:32:29 am »
Hello John,
I am having problem to setup iPhone to connect to the Server. SambaPos version 2.88. I have done what you said in this Forum:
1. In the Server, I created an iPhone user. iPhone is a member of Remote Desktop Users and Administrators.
2. SQL Express database.
3. In the Server, I run Samba.MessagingServer.exe (port 8080) and Samba.Presentation.exe. I got "Connected" status here before Terminal runs.
4. No Windows Firewall.
5. By using Mocha RDP in the iPhone, I can do a windows login to the Server with iPhone profile. The Administrator is having an active session in the Server. All good.
6. But when I run Samba.Presentation.Terminal.exe from the iPhone, Terminal crashes. Please refer to the attached files.

Where have I done wrong?

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2012, 07:38:07 am »
What happens when you log in from another computer as the iPhone user?
Where is the SambaSettings.txt file located for the iPhone user?
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

wawan

« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 09:46:26 pm »
Hi John,
When I log in from another computer with iPhone credential. Yes, I can login to Windows but I can not run Samba.Presentation.Terminal.exe, either. It crashes the same way as I login from iPhone.
When I run SambaPresentation.exe from iPhone user, I get the error as shown on the attachment. I use the same Connection String with the administrator. I have no problem to run SambaPresentation.exe from the administrator login name.

Each user has SambaSettings.txt file. For iPhone user, it is located in C:\Users\iPhone\AppData\Roaming\Ozgu Tech. I renamed, instead of deleting the original SambaSetting.txt to SambaSetting-Original.txt in the C:\ProgramData\Ozgu Tech\SambaPOS2 directory. I forgot to mention this to you in my earlier post.

Can you help me?
Yes, I am in the learning process, mate.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 10:01:05 pm »
Change your connection string to

Data source=BlackPC\SQLEXPRESS; User Id=sa; Password= {whatever the password was that you set when installing SQL Express}

Did you follow this link exactly http://doc.sambapos.org/doku.php/tr/dbase/sql_server_2008_express_edition_nasil_kurulur

When you get to Server Configuration, you need to set SQL Server Browser to Automatic.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

wawan

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2012, 02:04:47 am »
Thanks a million, John. You are the best. Now I need to spend time to decorate the small screen with Product Items.

man1

« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2012, 12:08:34 pm »
I just can not understand, you tell us how to configure mssql express(step by step), than nothing what been writen about connection setup , make sense to setup connection to server as the program setup.   We used  sa user  sambapos.1234 password and dont even mentioned that, it in the setup of samba* program!! it is  crazy!!

tonishala

« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2013, 09:58:54 am »
Thanks a million, John. You are the best. Now I need to spend time to decorate the small screen with Product Items.
Hello wawan, i can see that you have gone through the same problem that i have right now,  i can connect with user iphone, but i want to use terminal app, how do i create a menu for terminal app? At the memont i can open terminal app and it only shows blank page with "new ticket" at the bottom, please help,

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2013, 05:33:26 pm »
I'm on Ubuntu (what?) so I can't run SambaPOS to check exact naming but there should be a setting named like "Use on Terminal" on menu settings.

tonishala

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2013, 06:18:32 am »
Hello Emre, thanks for that, inhave managed to fix it, i forgot to add the terminal menu at the department, so now its working great. Thanks a lot.