Author Topic: To Emre and the SambaPOS Team  (Read 10273 times)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
To Emre and the SambaPOS Team
« on: January 04, 2012, 08:47:25 pm »
A big THANK YOU for such a wonderful product.

I have been following SambaPOS since Aug 2011, and to see where it is now and what we all have achieved is amazing for an open source system. The SambaPOS Team are truly gifted programmers.

I have demonstrated SambaPOS to a few clients now, and they are all impressed with the speed, functionality, and look of the system. Two clients are in the final processes of decision making before implementing the system.

In summary, SambaPOS is a strong competitor to POS systems like Ideal POS and SwiftPOS for small to medium sized venues.

I have attached 2 screen shots showing our demo system setup for bar systems.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

jenem

Re: To Emre and the SambaPOS Team
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 01:55:38 am »
John,

I agree!!

I am just playing around with functions trying to see if it can replace Freepos (registered) in my brothers coffee shop. I am of the opinion that it is one of the best POS software around and gives some expensive POS systems a run for they're money.

I have tried a few free systems Point of success free, Openbravo, and Floreant POS.

So I just trying to find work arounds for some of the Freepos functions in SambaPOS.

So Emre and Team please accept my thanks as well.

Edgar

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 06:43:34 am »
Thank you very much for your kind words John. That made us happy :)

I didn't know you're evaluating SambaPOS for your clients. Let me say few more words about that.

We are getting lots of e-mails from people who wants to be retailer, partner, etc.  We don't care if you'll use SambaPOS for yourself or for your client. You can do anything (of course republishing it as a different closed source product is an exception) with SambaPOS. You can use it in your own restaurant or you can work with your clients like John does.. Test it, ask features and help us on building them...  From the business side we don't demand any commissions or anything similar for SambaPOS. It is up to you if you'll want to support it or not. If you support we'll have better relations and we can keep the project alive. That's the idea...

PS: John We're expecting more images. :) Thanks...

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 03:25:08 am »
I had a successful day with a new client demonstrating SambaPOS.
Only once did they ask for a total installed cost, but they did ask several times how soon can they have it  :)

Overall feedback was very positive, and after an hour the directors were using the system by themselves and had committed to purchasing one system, but after the next board meeting (next week) they may actually purchase two.

All in all, another great result for SambaPOS.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 05:04:58 pm »
Awesome... I know we'll share greater stories under this topic :)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2012, 05:54:26 am »
First sale confirmed for a complete solution for a Golf Club.

Yes, its only one POS terminal, but its a start.
This terminal will handle all their bar sales, golf course fees and golfing products.

We will integrate memberships in July when the new financial year starts and membership renewals are due.
By then V3 should be well past beta, and I can integrate card printing facilities straight out of SambaPOS when a member renews their membership.

And to put the pressure on - there are a few more venues that are following the progress of this installation.

I will post photos once the install is complete.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2012, 11:09:04 am »
Wow very exciting. I'll be looking for the photos...
First victory is the best one :) Good luck John. It seems we'll have enough time for the perfect integration. Good...

husen iahmee

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2012, 12:45:44 pm »
how u had done those pictures and icons,,,i would like to learn how to?

jenem

« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 02:06:26 am »
Select Menu>Menu Catergory>Edit Product Properties>Select image path where you have stored your picture

See attached picture

Edgar

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2012, 07:50:43 am »
First victory is the best one :) Good luck John.

The first victory is taking it's time. Still waiting on the client to get their product list together - so hopefully this coming week we can start setting it up.

As you read from another post, I setup a system for a client due to their cash registers failing last night. This was my first demo site before Xmas.

This time all the staff were on duty, so this was the first time some of them had used SambaPOS. And they loved it. Training was done in 30mins. They were amazed at how fast it was to use and how easy it was to add new products, and they loved the pictures too.

Today it's sole job was to run tabs for two functions (over 200 people), plus tabs for the 15 plus tables in the restaurant. Tonight it will also handle normal bar sales.

And the best part - it's been running now for 12 hours now and not one phone call from the staff.

What's even better is that the venues directors are meeting on Tuesday to approve the purchase of four terminals, three for the bar and one for the restaurant. This couldn't have happened at a better time.