English Boards > Support

Print Jobs Based on Users

<< < (6/13) > >>

emre:
This is my final result. To be able to show the need for cross sales in detail I've inserted one more department. That shows Restaurant will pay 41.40 and Coffee Shop will pay 3.40 to Bar department. That looks fine to me.. What do you think?

JohnS:
That's great. Layout is easy to read. Already showed a manager and he found it simple to read.

Great work Emre.

JohnS:
Emre,

With V2.87, I have noticed that I can not settle a ticket from another department unless it also has items from your own department, or for the restaurant it has to be assign a table number then they can settle a Bar only ticket (ie no food).

Is this what you expected due to setting a department for a terminal?

I understand that you must settle from within your own department, but if someone walks to the bar and wants to pay for their food and they have no drinks, then they have to pay in the Restaurant as the table will not show up in the Bar terminal.

Update - If you are on a Restaurant terminal and order drinks from the Bar menu and close the ticket without selecting a table, the ticket is only visible on the Restaurant menu from either terminal and can not be settled from the Bar terminal.

Workaround is to (on the Bar terminal)
- Click Restaurant menu
- Close table screen
- Select ticket
- Click Select a Table
- Switch to Bar menu
- Select Table
- Then you can settle ticket

If the Restaurant has a ticket assigned to a Table, the Bar terminal can not settle the Table unless (on the Bar terminal)
- Click Restaurant menu
- Select Table
- Click Change Table
- Select same Table
- Switch to Bar menu
- Select Table
- Then you can settle ticket

Realistically the tickets and Tables should be visible from any terminal and you should be able to settle from any terminal.

emre:
John, Bar terminal should be able to settle any ticket from "All Tickets" button or by finding a ticket via find ticket button. Settle button is disabled only if the active department is different from the terminal department. Restaurant terminal shouldn't create & settle tickets directly from bar screen. I thought we need that rule because if restaurant user creates and settles bar tickets without assigning it to a table, that order will go to bar printer and bar user won't understand where it comes from since there is no table information.

I think on your examples the terminal department is still restaurant department or something might be half implemented on your version. I'll release final 2.87 soon. Maybe trying these cases with latest release will be better.

JohnS:
Settlement should only happen in the department that the terminal belongs to, but they need to be able to settle any tickets from any department.

V2.86 handled this OK (from memory - I may need to go back and check)

Found that if I have Fast Food set for the Bar department, then all Tables are visible and can be settled.
If I have no department type set, then only tickets that the Bar has added items to are visible.

Update - If you have tickets created on Bar terminal and assigned to a Table, then the Restaurant adds food. If you close the Tables screen, the ticket will not show - it only shows tables that started as a Restaurant ticket.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version