English Boards > Support

Print Jobs Based on Users

<< < (8/13) > >>

emre:
I've released 2.88.

Note: On the first message of this topic we talked about print jobs. I fine tuned map selection by order department too. It will work as expected now. Thanks.

JohnS:
Emre,

Works great - exactly what we need, and the settlement restrictions are working as expected.

The only thing I have found is in the WPR that the Department Totals heading is left justified on the screen and when its printed its right justified. See attached.

--- Quote from: emre on February 27, 2012, 02:38:53 am ---Note: On the first message of this topic we talked about print jobs. I fine tuned map selection by order department too. It will work as expected now. Thanks.

--- End quote ---
This topic did end up long and drawn out, and finished in a different subject, but look at what was achieved. SambaPOS now supports franchises within shops and documents all cross sales.
Awesome feature.

Thank you Emre.

JohnS:
OK, so now back to the original problem.

When a Restaurant terminal orders Bar products, we need a ticket to print out at the Bar with the order.

Solution is to have two order tickets and two print jobs.
- Kitchen Order Template & Kitchen Order Print Job
- Bar Order Template & Bar Order Print Job

All terminals will have Kitchen Order Print Job.
Only Restaurant terminals will have Bar Order Print Job.

emre:
A single printjob should work too. First map line for Bar department and a second one for the rest.

emre:

--- Quote from: JohnSCS on February 27, 2012, 04:45:32 am ---Emre,

Works great - exactly what we need, and the settlement restrictions are working as expected.

The only thing I have found is in the WPR that the Department Totals heading is left justified on the screen and when its printed its right justified. See attached.

--- Quote from: emre on February 27, 2012, 02:38:53 am ---Note: On the first message of this topic we talked about print jobs. I fine tuned map selection by order department too. It will work as expected now. Thanks.

--- End quote ---
This topic did end up long and drawn out, and finished in a different subject, but look at what was achieved. SambaPOS now supports franchises within shops and documents all cross sales.
Awesome feature.

Thank you Emre.

--- End quote ---

John, In software development good communication is everything. That conversation might ended up with a result of nothing. Mostly your persistence and patience for delivering the information did it. From technical side that was not a big implementation but I think we handled an interesting case.

While evaluating a software people focuses on features and if there are lots of buttons, menus or settings they thinks that software is good. Features by themselves have no value. The important thing is what cases that software can handle. There are lots of software filled with awesome features but %80 of it implemented without thinking the full case and when user tries to use these features together in real life it simply doesn't work as expected.

Lots of development teams does this mistake. Thinking about nice features is simple but generally it ends with no real value. Thinking about cases is harder and needs more time but when people contributes like John did, it generates great value. Technically we only added a department selection feature for terminals and added about 40-50 lines of code. Any developer can do that. Understanding the need is our real job. I hope every restaurant owners focuses on their cases instead of the features they think they'll need.

John thank you very much again for investing your time for that great result.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version