Author Topic: Playing With V3 alpha  (Read 17376 times)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
Re: Playing With V3 alpha
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2012, 06:43:29 am »
That's great. Now we improved our development power :)

Now I've just given you more work to do :)
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

Mohammad

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2012, 11:55:59 pm »
Good Job dear Emre,
I want to know if the V3 can support multi currency payment because in Lebanon, the client can pay at same time in dollars and in Lebanese pounds,
Thanks for your efforts to do this great product ;).

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 11:37:20 am »
In Turkey especially on touristic areas businesses accepts most used foreign currencies. Not only US dollars, Euro or Yen too. For this reason multi currency support is one of the most requested features in Turkey too. Maybe you noticed or not I'm developing a simple accounting infrastructure for V3. When completed it will give us possibility to implement custom payments in multi currencies or credit card processing with bank commissions, etc..

carsolve

« Reply #33 on: May 09, 2012, 08:02:42 pm »
I have just discovered SamboPOS. Have worked in installing deploying configuring training and using the various POS systems(MICROS,Dinerware, Restaurant Pro Express(pcAmerica)). This product looks very promising and in a CASH only environment it would be hands down my first choice. Unfortunately things are moving away from that model and I see a real lack of credit/debit/gift card support. What stage is Samba in offering this functionality? If so what merchant networks? Basic credit card card merchant support out of the box would make Samba a real contender here in the US. Of course https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/index.php would be a MUST so the encryption issue would come into play. I am happy to see an active community that Supports this product.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2012, 10:43:27 pm »
Hello abi, welcome to SambaPOS forums. Thank you for your suggestions. We previously talked about the issue and even a friend started helping us for implementing online Credit Card processing but for a reason it didn't completed yet. Online CC processing from desktop applications is not something permitted in our country. Because of the lack of personal experience I need experienced people for suggestions about implementation options, integration and PCI compliance. I think the biggest issue is PCI compliance because unlike web servers desktop PC's are open to virus attacks, key loggers, theft, etc... I found some payment processing networks who delivers some desktop solutions other than processing payments directly but I don't know if they are preferred by US restaurants or not. Their prices seems expensive. I know there are some open source POS apps which supports CC payments but none of them are PCI compliant out of the box. I don't know if such solutions will be useful or not.

carsolve

« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2012, 05:53:15 pm »
OK, I think that I remember reading about an implementation. If it is something that can be developed but implemented here i think it will work. Have all the issues on how to treat it on the accounting end been worked out? I see a lot of debate about it. There are a handful of processors here in the US that interface to all the banks. Some of these networks are even OEM -ing  POS systems. http://www.firstdata.com/en_us/products/merchants/terminals-and-pos-solutions.html  I use First Data at multiple sites to process transactions. I do not use their POS retail solution however. Can a joint development team be formed ? I uses products from various vendors that use their network. Most provide a clear cut API and certification flow. I have many ideas on this.

Abi

rhasce

« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2012, 01:15:40 pm »
So I was showing SambaPOS to a costumer and everything was going well until he ask if there is any way to set the costumer count per table, meaning that you should be able to add the amount of costumers per table, and be able to pull a report on that is that something included on SambaPos?

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2012, 05:11:49 pm »
Hello rhasce,
You'll find useful info here
http://doc.sambapos.org/doku.php/en/tips/tracking_guest_count