Author Topic: Totals Calculating Differently  (Read 5771 times)

jackr

Totals Calculating Differently
« on: June 25, 2012, 08:52:21 pm »
Hi,

Has anyone had anything similar to this? -
The totals change after the ticket is completed..the culprit seems to be the tax amount.

When the ticket is first created (here is an actual example), if I add a single item for 0.89 cents, the total shows to be 0.89 + 0.08 = 0.97. However if I close the ticket and come right back to it, the total changes to 0.89 + 0.07 = 0.96! The tax rate is 8.875 percent.

This actually causes a discrepancy in which the system does not think the ticket was 'paid' because it is waiting for the full initial amount. It also causes confusion when trying to settle this ticket because it does not like that the payment is greater then the total..
Another issue this causes (although not technically a big deal) is you can select 'All' for a complete ticket payment, and it still pops back to give the customer change.

Either way, this seems to be a big issue, so I was wondering if anyone else dealt with anything similar.

Thanks.
-Jack

jackr

Re: Totals Calculating Differently
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2012, 10:28:44 pm »
UPDATE:

I noticed the format in the database is decimal(16, 2), I tried to change that to decimal(16, 3), but that did not take effect.

At this point I switched over to billing tax as a service template, calculated over the whole ticket, and somehow that seems to be holding it's total (so far).

As far as the customer is concerned, I obviously just print the {SERVICE TOTAL} on the line that has the text 'Tax:', and it is all the same to them.

Still would love to hear any ideas or suggestions as to why it is working the way it is...