Author Topic: Kitchen Monitor  (Read 13489 times)

prosoundguy

Kitchen Monitor
« on: February 12, 2012, 05:16:58 pm »
Hello Everyone!
First I'd like to thank the developers for such awesome software! Next I like to know if anyone knows how I could use a monitor in the kitchen and not a printer. We'd like to save some paper. Any ideas?

Thanks!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Kitchen Monitor
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 04:47:16 am »
Hello. We only support kitchen printers. Developing a http based API for connecting that kind of client applications to SambaPOS database is in our plans. Thanks.

prosoundguy

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 09:47:57 pm »
Thanks!
That would be great to have someday. Could I configure it so that the POS printer at the register prints out the ticket and then my clerk can take the ticket to the kitchen? Just using the one printer for both tasks. I don't think I have the budget for a network printer in the kitchen right now, but I really need to make this work.

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »
That's easy to do. In the Print Job for the Kithen Tickets just make sure you have selected the Receipt Printer.

You can send multiple tickets to the one printer. That's what makes SambaPOS so flexible.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

prosoundguy

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 09:32:16 am »
Great! Thanks so much!

prosoundguy

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 07:46:47 am »
I have searched the web and I can't believe that no one has written an application that would let you send documents to a monitor or  an application that windows would see as a printer. If I was a programmer I would write one. Just a simple app that would stack up the tickets in a window and look like a shared printer on the network. I hope you guys get one going.