English Boards > Support

SambaPOS Testing

<< < (3/4) > >>

emre:
Hi Evail.

For security reasons some restaurant owners prefers adding some cash in the morning instead of leaving cash at night. For this reason instead of recording left money in the drawer we ask for it while starting the work period. This covers both situations. From cash transactions report cashier can see starting amount, income and current cash status. I think real requirement is calculating the summary of total income and the beginning amount. We can do that now but of course it will be better if improved as you suggested.

--- Quote --- If the user entered many items and wanted to cancel it without saving, the user will have to cancel each and every item selected one by one. Maybe just having a button to clear all maybe useful.

--- End quote ---

I see. You want to cancel whole ticket with a single command. We should implement these features wisely to prevent accidental clicks.

--- Quote ----So group properties can be pre-created modifiers or can be combo meals.
--- End quote ---

Exactly. I think we should improve naming of these features.

--- Quote ---Since you have talked a lot about sambapos 3.x release. When is it going to be released? I am already excited
Somehow its sad that sambapos is free, i cant become sole distributor
--- End quote ---

We will keep core SambaPOS free and open source forever. We want to create best tools for SambaPOS users. After some point we'll have to use some commercial software pieces and obviously we can't deliver these software for free. For this reason as 3.x release we'll introduce some paid services too. For example we are preparing club membership service. For club members we'll deliver some advanced reporting tools, analysis tools and many complementary software. I can't give much details for now but we're also progressing on creating some hosted online services that will work integrated with SambaPOS application. Besides support services and hardware sales, these services will create annual income opportunities to our partners.

Of course bringing everything to life will take some time. To speed things up we're seeking some investment or sponsorship options but it is somewhat hard to make these connections. I don't know if we can success on that or not but either way we love creating software and we'll try to do our best. I believe as we gain more users we'll be able to grab more attention.

Evail, I hope we'll have better cooperation in the near future. Have a nice day...

evail:
Emre,

You can always enter "zero" in the leave amount. Therefore it will show the total amount in cash to be taken out. And when the next work period starts you can enter the cash amount.
And in SambaPos case you do not need to add the "leave" part. Since the beginning cash is already entered, the only feature you need to add is "cash count" and check if it tally with SambaPos.

I missed one thing, that is multiple items can be selected when entering the order. And all items can be canceled. I think that is good enough. This would also avoid accidental clicks.

You can rename "group properties" as "modifiers".

You have missed two questions :D

I understand that it will take a considerable amount of time to implement new features and make enhancements and fix bugs. I hope for the best for the 3.x release. good luck.

emre:
Hello Evail,

--- Quote ---edit: Is it possible to included vendors when entering purchases?
edit1: How does the "rounding" work?
--- End quote ---

Oh Sorry :-[

- Since we do not track vendor accounts yet, we do not include vendor information. Currently function of the transaction document is only increasing inventory.

- We use Rounding for fixed amount discounts. Let me describe the general usage with an example. For example in our country physically there is no coin for #0,01 amount so there is no way to get payment for #8.92 if customer does not pay with credit card. Generally we round these values to #8.95 or #8.90. If you type 0.02 and click "round" it wil decrease ticket amount by 0.02 or if you type 8.95 and click "auto round" it will add or remove required amount. In program settings there is a setting named "auto rounding". If you type 0.05 there Ticket amounts will round automatically by 0.05.

- OK finally I got your point about cash count. We'll discuss that.

--- Quote ---You can rename "group properties" as "modifiers".
--- End quote ---

- Since these are group of modifers can we name it as "modifier groups" ?  How it sounds?

--- Quote ---I understand that it will take a considerable amount of time to implement new features and make enhancements and fix bugs. I hope for the best for the 3.x release. good luck.
--- End quote ---

We'll do our best. Thank you for your best wishes :)

evail:
Hi Emre,

--- Quote ---- Since we do not track vendor accounts yet, we do not include vendor information. Currently function of the transaction document is only increasing inventory.
--- End quote ---

For the current system you do not need to track vendor accounts, you just need to add a field to add Vendor name, so that it will be shown in the transaction list. :)

--- Quote ---- Since these are group of modifers can we name it as "modifier groups" ?  How it sounds?
--- End quote ---

How about "modifiers and groups" or "modifiers and combos" :D

I will get back to you after further testing.

evail:
How do i make it work on iPad?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version