Author Topic: 2 Terminals and server  (Read 30417 times)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
Re: 2 Terminals and server
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2012, 03:21:17 am »
Hello,
I found a corrupted ticket (#286)
Tendered amount record shows that when it settled the ticket total was 29.00 but for a reason amount increased to 36.00 after ticket closed. That $7.00 difference is here. It seems we have an unexpected case here. Do you have any idea how that can happen? For example does two terminals accesses same ticket at the same time for a reason? Do you change that items price manually?

aaaaaah, now I remember. I know what happened.

It was 2 MISC items bought, one item was 18, the other was 11. I remember that when the invoice printed that it showed 36 for some reason, but it was a busy time so I just checked that the change given was correct.

So it seems that you cannot have 2 MISC (Priced 0 and then prices changed) items on one ticket.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2012, 03:23:25 am »
Used the MISC Item as described here: http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,292.0.html
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #32 on: March 22, 2012, 03:29:29 am »
Hello,
I found a corrupted ticket (#286)
Tendered amount record shows that when it settled the ticket total was 29.00 but for a reason amount increased to 36.00 after ticket closed. That $7.00 difference is here. It seems we have an unexpected case here. Do you have any idea how that can happen? For example does two terminals accesses same ticket at the same time for a reason? Do you change that items price manually?

aaaaaah, now I remember. I know what happened.

It was 2 MISC items bought, one item was 18, the other was 11. I remember that when the invoice printed that it showed 36 for some reason, but it was a busy time so I just checked that the change given was correct.

So it seems that you cannot have 2 MISC (Priced 0 and then prices changed) items on one ticket.

Well.. strange bug. I'll take care of it shortly.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2012, 03:31:42 am »
Used the MISC Item as described here: http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,292.0.html

Yes you used it correctly but it seems there is something wrong when there are two MISC items.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2012, 03:32:53 am »
no worries .... happy to hunt bugs ....... and have the eliminated ... ;)
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2012, 03:40:14 am »
OK. I found it. Our merger code does not expect same items with different prices. So it duplicated $18 line. I fixed that and I'll release 2.91b shortly...

Thank you very much for your help. If you didn't remember that we couldn't be able to find the problem :)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2012, 03:43:11 am »
no problem, always happy to help and also thank you for your quick response and help!
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2012, 03:50:06 am »
May I ask a question? Why did you used blank table view for TakeAway department?

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2012, 03:57:49 am »
May I ask a question? Why did you used blank table view for TakeAway department?

I switched the Take Away side also to A La Carte away from Fast Food to assist the casier to close tickets easier to get them in "waiting" state. So if no table layout is selected it used the Restaurant layout by default and this confuse the Take Away cashier too much, so I just selected blank table view since there are not tables used for the take away.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2012, 04:46:56 am »
Did you tried choosing no department type and no table view for Take Away department? I'll be happy if you can share your thoughts about this.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2012, 04:56:26 am »
Did you tried choosing no department type and no table view for Take Away department? I'll be happy if you can share your thoughts about this.

Hmmm, no department type .... i will give it a try and let you know.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2012, 05:07:27 am »
Cool, looks good so far..... will let you know if I run into any problems. Thanks
Even in Namibia, Africa!

juanchomardel

« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2012, 09:06:34 pm »
hello, im Juan from Argentina, i was reading your hole post and i was realize that i will use the same configuration that you with the program, could be posible that you post or send me your server and terminal configuration and/or database? it too much?
From Argentina to the world, everybody who use Samba are invited especialy EMRE, man you are the Boss

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2012, 11:22:13 am »
hello, im Juan from Argentina, i was reading your hole post and i was realize that i will use the same configuration that you with the program, could be posible that you post or send me your server and terminal configuration and/or database? it too much?

Sorry for this very late reply, were you able to get your stuff setup??
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2012, 01:12:58 pm »
Well, firstly my apologies for not being as active on the forum as I used to be and liked to be, unfortunately life happened .... 3 kids, 2 businesses and 1 wife ... ;)

I just thought to pop in and give a little update, I have at last started to use the stock control feature. It was a bit to setup but it sure is flexible. I am not planning to use it to the full extend like for each and every dish recipe, but I want more control over my drinks and this will sure help a lot.

Emre, you are still a hero in my books, keep up the good work and the great service!!
Even in Namibia, Africa!