English Boards > Support

Help - printer problem?

(1/2) > >>

stubby:
OK... I had a friend of mine (who is much more knowledgable of databases and whatnot than I am) install Samba and configure everything for me. At the time he handed the computer off to me, my receipt printer was printing fine based on the sample menu items that are included with the base installation.

So... I went ahead, added my entire menu into it. Modified the receipt templates to meet my needs. Get ready to start testing, and...

Get the following error message:

"There is a problem while printing. Please review printer and printer template settings.
Error message:
Non-negative number required.
Parameter name: totalWidth"

I've looked everywhere I can think of to see if I can find a parameter named totalWidth that might have a setting I need to change. I can't find it. I can't even find a set of printer parameters anywhere within Samba that I can find.

I cannot figure this out and I'm tearing my hair out. I open on Friday and can't even run tests to see if this will work.

Someone please help.

Stubby

CafeCuppio:
Hi,

What are you trying to print? Ticket, Invoice or Kitchen order?

stubby:
Don't really know - I'm just clicking the "Print Bill" button on the POS screen. I also tried to cash out the order (since both a Ticket and a Kitchen order are set to print at cash out) and got the error that time, too.

I do NOT get the error when I set it to demo and print to Notepad, I only get it when trying to print to the actual printer.

emre:
Hello stubby. Can you post screen shots of these two screens with all visible settings?

1. "Manage > Printers > Ticket Printer" screen.
2. "Manage > Printer Templates > Ticket Template" screen.

If you can't you can try pasting all template values here.

stubby:
OK, I've attached three screen shots (so you can see all the settings, I took two screen shots of the Ticket Template screen so you could see the whole column).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version