Author Topic: Close Ticket on Take-Away terminal  (Read 9597 times)

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
Close Ticket on Take-Away terminal
« on: March 18, 2012, 07:39:03 am »
Hi

I am a little bit stuck here..... for some reason I am unable to Close a ticket when it is in the take away (fast food) terminal. The Close button is not available. I have noticed then when I select a product called MISC which has not price, the Close buttone do become available, but also only when that product alone is selected. I need to be able to close the ticket so that I can print the orders to the kitchen.

Thanks
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.
Even in Namibia, Africa!

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
Re: Close Ticket on Take-Away terminal
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 08:08:44 am »
Hmmm, if I set the department as A la Cart then I get the Close ticket function, by as fast food not .... problem now is that I get the table view when I use A la cart...
Even in Namibia, Africa!

oda

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 10:33:47 am »
I've been watching your post for quite sometimes, not really sure what you really want.
IF you just want to know the sale of your air time sale, you can actually accomplish that if you just put that in your menu under a different group.

Go to - Product - Product List - Add Product
Then under Group Code put down Air Time or whatever category you want for it.
Later after you end the days, you can check the report at the very bottom under Items Sales.
There you can know the total amount of your sale for the day for each group.

If this is not what you really want, then just ignore it. I might read your post the wrong way!

Regarding the department, you can actually set without table view.
Try select the table view and hit the delete button, then save it.
They just need you to input the ticket number and order number to be able to save, beside the menu of course.

Regarding the zero amount item, I got similar problem. I can close it, but I can never settle the ticket. Until I void the zero amount item, then I can settle the ticket. It does make sense, just in case you forgot to change the price for the items. Otherwise, you will loose money because of your mistake.

Just my 2 cents!

Regards,
Leon.

endrju

• Business Group
    • Gringo in Rio
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 01:52:40 pm »
Hey
I don't think that it is even possible to close ticket when you're in fast food menu.
Logically waiter have to recieve payment imediately after opening ticket, because when you have people in line, it's very easy to forget someone's payment.

That's what I think and i don't even know if it's right, but from my point of view it is.
Ondra
Shit happens - no matter if you are in Rio or Europe - Gringo in Rio

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 03:10:01 pm »
Hey
I don't think that it is even possible to close ticket when you're in fast food menu.
Logically waiter have to recieve payment imediately after opening ticket, because when you have people in line, it's very easy to forget someone's payment.

That's what I think and i don't even know if it's right, but from my point of view it is.
Ondra

Hello Ondra. It is possible to close a fastfood ticket without payment if you:
1. Select a table.
2. Select a customer.
3. Select a ticket tag.

If you need to close a fastfood ticket without choosing a table or a customer you can create a new ticket tag for it. For example if you create a tag named "Waiting" you'll see a waiting button on left column. When you tag the ticket "Close" button appears. If you click "Waiting" button while there is no active ticket, it will automatically display open tickets tagged with "Waiting" tag. You can also configure this tag to close ticket immediately on clicking.

CafeCuppio

• Cafe Cuppio
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2012, 12:22:30 am »
Tx Emre, I will give it is shot ...

Leon .... I do not even know at all times what I want, so I do not blame you for not being sure what I want ;)

I Will play around and see what works best especially after cash-up since that is my biggest concern.
Even in Namibia, Africa!