Author Topic: Cash drawer  (Read 7047 times)

seanathome

Cash drawer
« on: May 13, 2012, 07:29:44 am »
Hi, Firstly some praise - great bit of software & great forum.
Have set up one system with no problems - the few details I struggled with were covered in the forum.

The system I'm currently working on, only needs a printer in the kitchen. The 4pos terminal has an rj11 connector for a cash drawer. It is COM6. Connecting the cash drawer to the printer is not an option. 
I presume I can set up COM6 as a port printer & I should be ok to configure a print job to activate the cash drawer.
My question is what command would I send to the cash drawer via COM6?

The cash drawer works quite happily connected to an Epson TM-T81 using <XCT 27,112,0,25,250>

Have now sourced a driver disk which has sample C++ & sample visual basic code for driving the cash drawer if that will be of any help.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2012, 01:45:00 am by seanathome »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Cash drawer
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 09:49:44 am »
Hello

Quote from http://www.oocities.org/cib4000/epos.htm
For direct connect drawers the 'Open character' is the character sent to the port to which the till is attached which pulses the solenoid latch and opens it.
Many till units will operate with any character, some require a specific code (the frequent one is 7), please see the hardware manual for detail.

So we should know what is the "Open Character" for your cash drawer. If it supports that frequent code (7 Ascii Bell) it should work by sending <XCT 7>. If you post your sample code somewhere it might give an idea too.

Thanks.

seanathome

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 03:32:20 pm »
Thank you for the reply, but still no success.
The problems may be specific to this device as I had a play with the pole display as well. It does very strange things with the settings suggested in the forum. I've been playing around & managed to get some text appearing on the display but not in a usable fashion.

It's still early days for me with Samba POS, & there's a lot to learn.

As I'm sure it's true for most people on here, I never seem to have enough time, so will put these on hold for now.  Will come back with results when/if I get them.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 06:51:33 pm »
OK. I'll try it when I find a cash drawer that connects directly to the computer. Thanks.

seanathome

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 05:43:18 am »
Thanks, but don't worry about it. I'll do the best to sort it my end - may have to pick your brain from time to time.

Don't want to take up your time with a 1 off.