Author Topic: customer account /debt  (Read 7526 times)

kenyong3671

customer account /debt
« on: March 26, 2012, 05:20:45 am »
Emre,

Thanks for the effort on the SambaPOS, GREAT Work!

Basically, i was impress with your SambaPOS, and now migrating from UniCentaPOS that is currently used in my karaoke bar.
I have a few question though:

1) how to setup credit line (debt Limit) for customer account

2) How to setup 2 individual Tax included in the price, eg GST, PST. Net saling price=$30 (include 6%GST, 5%PST) but needed to print out seperate line in the receipt. eg, 6% GST, 5%PST. and the item amount shown on receipt is - Beer  1  $30. Instead of tax deducted amount.

Thank You!  Superb Job on the SambaPOS

Ken

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: customer account /debt
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:22:13 pm »
Hello kenyong.

1. We won't implement credit limit for v2. I'm implementing an accounting system for next version so we'll implement accounting related features for V3.

2. Does these tax rates applies to all items? How do you calculate them? For example what will be the tax included price for $10 item?

kenyong3671

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 08:53:26 pm »
Thanks for the swift reply.

1) Since credit Limit features is not implement. Can we use rules to monitor customer account?
1a) can you illustrate how the customer account works, credit. debit etc.? I need to know this because i have to monitor the customer account ( both Staff & Members). I do not want individual account having too much debt.

2) The Tax applies to all item. By normal practice, tax are calculated as what the SambaPOS does.
     what i need is having both the GST & PST included in the item price. Eg. $10 (include 6% GST, 5% PST).  A simple way would be setting the Tax to 11% with Line Text on the Receipt/Bill "6% GST & 5%PST (included) - $xx.xx). But the government rules that all receipt /bill have to be printed on the receipt seperately.

Thanks

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 07:55:36 am »
1. When you select an account to a ticket you can close ticket by clicking "Account" button on payment screen. That creates a debt transaction and when you receive payment you can credit that account from Cash Drawer > Customer Accounts screen. For different purposes you can also credit, debt accounts manually on that screen. This is a very basic type of account tracking. It primarily implemented for tracking customer accounts but some of our users uses it for tracking daily financial transactions. That solves the basic need but of course we'll need more than just tracking customer accounts. We need to track wages, credit card, bank accounts, periodic payments like rent, electricity, etc.. That means for further features what we need is an accounting infrastructure.

2. It looks like you don't really need tax feature. You only want to print %5 and %6 of the ticket amount under ticket. Is it true?