Author Topic: CONNECTING TO A HAND HED TERMINAL  (Read 7414 times)

msheed

CONNECTING TO A HAND HED TERMINAL
« on: March 26, 2012, 08:35:18 am »
HOW DO I CONNECT AN IPAD TO THE KITCHEN PRINTER YET IT IS WIRELESS??CONNECTING TO THE ACCOUNTS DEPT/INVOICE PRINTER ONCE THE ORDER IS MADE.THE WAITER DOESNOT HAVE TO MOVE TO THE KITCHEN,SHE/HE JUST HAS TO SEND IT TO THE PRINTER,ONE TICKET TO THE KITCHEN PRINTER AND ANOTHER TO THE INVOICE PRINTER?????/

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: CONNECTING TO A HAND HED TERMINAL
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 08:29:22 pm »
You'll add the printer like an ordinary windows printer and share it across network. We use remote desktop applications (like pocket cloud) on i-Pad's so it will be same as printing from a windows terminal.

You'll configure printjobs for each printout. Default SambaPOS installation contains two print jobs. One of them is for printing bills and the other one is for printing kitchen orders. Kitchen print job configured for automatic printing when you add new orders and bill prints when you click "Print Bill" button in a ticket. If you review related printjob configurations you'll understand how they works.

msheed

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 07:17:20 am »
THANK YOU SO MUCH SIR,SO ALL I HAVE TO DO IS TO ADD A NEW PRINT JOB FOR INVOICES GOING TO THE ACCOUNTS DEPT???3 PCS ON A NETWORK,CASHIER,KITCHEN & ACCOUNTS .ALL I
WANT IS WHEN AN ORDER IS MADE IT SHOULD BE SENT TO THE KITCHEN PRINTER THEN WHEN THE BILL IS BEING PRINTED OUT THEN A COPY SHOULD BE SENT TO THE ACCOUNTANTS PC???
PLEASE EXPLAIN THAT TO ME,ONCE AND FOR ALL 

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:09:22 am »
First of all share all your printers across network like a normal printer. Open SambaPOS and navigate Management > Printers. Double click "Kitchen Printer" and choose your shared kitchen printer from "Printer Share Name" combobox. Save it. If you don't see your printer listed in Printer Share Name combo first of all be sure you can reach that printer from network by checking printer settings from Windows Control Panel. If everything fine do the same for ticket printer and choose the printer that you'll use for printing tickets (bills).

Now when you create a new ticket orders will automatically sent to Kitchen Printer. Normally for printing tickets from ticket printer you need to click "Print Bill" button inside ticket but if you want to print it immediately too you can change "Management > Print Jobs > Print Bill" Print Job settings for printing it automatically. You'll change "Auto Print After" setting to "New Lines Added to ticket"

If you need to print second copy to a different printer you can duplicate "Print Bill" print job and map it to a printer you want.