English Boards > Support

Happy Houe

(1/2) > >>

aleemu:
Hi.
Thanks for the great software masha allah. Im using it in my cafe and it is working fine alhmadhulillah. My question is im starting a promotion in my cafe. And in this promotion, every customer gets a special price in selected products with in a 5pm to 7pm.
I want SambaPOS to automatically change the price for the given time and after 7pm again it should change to normal.

Thanks and jazakallahkhairan.

emre:
Selamunaleykum aleemu, Thank you for your wishes.
Sorry for responding late. I was preparing for writing a tutorial about happy hour implementation but I've just remembered I already did that :)
http://sambapos.org/en/content/sambapos-251-test-release

Thanks.

QMcKay:
Hi All,

I read the tutorial on a timed Happy Hour and created the various Triggers, Actions, and Rules.  The only problem with this approach is that the POS must be running during the Trigger time(s).  During testing, I've always missed the Trigger(s) since I didn't have the software running at the time, so the Price Change(s) do not come into effect (my Happy Hour period is between 15:00-17:00.

Is there a way to check the clock to see if we're within a certain time so that Happy Hour will be triggered even if the POS is launched within the period?

Alternatively, I've tried setting up a manual Activate/Deactive using a Ticket Tag called HAPPY HOUR, with Sub-tags named Begin HH and End HH to fire the Actions HH Activate and HH Deactivate, but I can't seem to get it to work.  I assume I have the wrong Event chosen?

QMcKay:
Hmm... I had SambaPOS running before the 3pm trigger and still my Happy Hour price definition (HH) is not in effect.  Something must be wrong in my settings??

QMcKay:
I have a feeling the problem was that I had no Department selected in the Action, because now the Trigger/Rule/Action for HH is working.  Is this really necessary?  I used to have 2 departments "To Go" (Fast Food) and "To Stay" (A-la-carte), and I figured if I left the Action Dept blank, it would apply to both, but it seems it applies to neither.  Can I use an asterisk (*) in it's place?

In any case, I switched to use a single Dept setup, with a special table called "To Go", and the Dept is both Fast/A-la-carte.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version