Author Topic: Take Away order not printing with correct template  (Read 9875 times)

maozen

Take Away order not printing with correct template
« on: April 04, 2012, 11:11:18 am »
I tryed to setup Take Away ordering it's ok with right menu, i need to use a different order template but orders come out with normal order template.

Following what i've done, what's wrong ???

Created a <take away> department setting like fast food.

Created a take away price list, and action and rules for enable the <Take Away Price List> for the <Take Away Department> at application startup and everything works fine.....

Created a different order template called <Ordine Take Away>

Created a print job called <Stampa Take Away>  with the following parameters :
close ticket : checked
display at POS screen : checked
display at terminal screen : checked
printing content : only new line (tryed also with all lines)
auto printer after : new lines added (tryed also all lines)
print mapping :
department : Take Away
Printer : Kitchen Printer
printer template : Ordine Take Away (the one i created)

Thanks!!
MAO

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Take Away order not printing with correct template
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 11:16:37 am »
I think what you mean with order template is "Print Job". To be able to activate a print job you need to add it to default terminal on "Management > Settings > Terminals" list.

maozen

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 03:36:20 pm »
Yes it was :
order template=print job
print job=printer template

Next time i will use right terms sorry!

Anyway... with one answer you solved 2 problems!
Great!

now i understood why the march notification was not printing !! (http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,338.msg2106.html#msg2106)

Thanks!!

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »
Yes it was :
order template=print job
print job=printer template

Next time i will use right terms sorry!

No problem. All these mistakes are valuable feedbacks for us. We still have things to do for improving ease of use.

maozen

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 04:27:27 pm »
i was too quick to reply....
I solved the problem with march notification, but Take Away in still printing with the wrong printer template.... is using the standard one....

tomorrow will try again....

which is the correct settings for :

printing content :
auto printer after :

Thanks

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 04:39:49 pm »
Does the Print Job for your normal kitchen order ticket have * for the department in the Printer Mapping ? If so, change it to the Restaurant department (or what ever you named you primary department as)

I think the problem is that you have a Print Job that is catching all Kitchen Orders from all Departments.

If you have a dedicated terminal for Takeaway, remove the normal Kitchen Orders print job from that terminal.

printing content :
auto printer after :

Thanks
Content : Only New Lines
Auto Print After : New Lines Added to Ticket
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 04:41:47 pm by JohnS »
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.

maozen

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2012, 07:03:41 am »
Hi guys thank to all for the suggestions but i can't let it work!!

I've done many tryes but at the end for me the only working solution is to use the standard print job and specify 3 different mappings (one for each of my department) with 2 different printer template, garden and yakiniku share the same template while Take Away have a different one because for me it's a virtual department (orders are taken at the restaurant counter) and don't have tables assigned.

I use the same printer because all the department refer to the same kitchen but with different menu. I think it should works even with different printers.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2012, 11:05:55 am »
Hi guys thank to all for the suggestions but i can't let it work!!

I've done many tryes but at the end for me the only working solution is to use the standard print job and specify 3 different mappings (one for each of my department) with 2 different printer template,

So does it work as you expected?
We normally create additional print jobs for manual prints or creating duplicates of automatic prints. For choosing different templates for different departments we normally add new mappings under a print job.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 11:09:08 am by emre »

maozen

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2012, 04:29:23 pm »
Sorry i don't want be misundertood i'm really thank to all people in the forum that are really helpfull!!
All the suggestion i had in this tread was seems having a sense but some of them doesn't work.
I've just posted how i solved to help ohter people who could have the same problem and the last Emre post was extrimly clear and really helpfull to explain the logic behind the program and how it works.

Another time
Thanks to all the people who developed and support this fantastic program.
Hope too be operative soon!! :)

JohnS

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2012, 04:55:11 pm »
There can be more than one way to solve a problem, and everyone has their own setup which can make things a little harder to rectify issues.

With printing issues like wrong template being used, always check that your existing print jobs are assigned to the correct Terminals, and that the printer mappings are set for the correct department. Using * for a department creates what we call a 'Catch All'. This means that this print job will always print tickets for any department.

And remember that print jobs are executed in the order that they are listed in Manage->Print Jobs. If you have issues with the wrong template, remove that print job from the Terminal and test again.

Issues may not always be with what changes you have just made, but can be because of an existing setup that is not filtering for new departments.
SambaPOS - POS'n the World, one Terminal at a time.