English Boards > Support

item selection

(1/2) > >>

jenem:
Hi,
I know its been a while but I cant find a rule or action to select a item on the ticket and carry out an operation on that. or am I being blind?

I know you can use a rule to select potion or modifier but is a rule being considered to just work on selected/highlighted  item on the ticket?

Thanks

Edgar

JohnS:
Hey Edgar,

What are you trying to do?

jenem:
Hi John,

Nice to talk !!
Its this discount thing, Maybe I'm a bit thick here but it seems to me that when I created a discount button, the discount would apply to the full ticket amount. My brother asked me if it was possible to apply a discount to a selected item.

For example it may be that he decides one morning to offer a item at a discount to sell of perishable stock, but it may be different stock other days. or as I said before apply a 50% discount to one coffee out of an order of three coffees.

I know Emre pointed gave an example of using modifiers to offer discounts on an item but perhaps a discount button that could work on a selected item would be of benefit.

Edgar

JohnS:
Edgar,

You can use multiple price definitions. 25% Off, 50% Off, etc
Using Rules & Actions, setup a 25%/50% Off Button (Ticket Tag) and have it change the Price Tag for the last item added. This will help with controlling which items get a discount.

What this does allow, is if you have a Discount Price Definition, have it selected on login, and each day you update the items that you want to discount by adding a discounted price. If an item does not have a discounted price then it is sold at the regular price.
This is more secure when you have staff.

My other solution will need Emre to add a new Action to use the Change Price button. Since we can now multiply numbers with Update Program Settings, we could setup 25% & 50% Off Actions and an Action to Change Price for Last Item Added.

Line Added To Ticket -> Save Item Price -> {:Last Item Price}
Ticket Tag Selected (50% Off) -> Multiply {:Last Item Price} by Discount (0.50 - 50% Off) -> Change Price Last Item Added

That would make an easier way to apply single item discounts. But easier for staff to apply discounts to friends.

jenem:
Hi John,

thanks for replying!

The problem is if a person forgets to add discount but then selects it (It may be anywhere within the order) I dont think last item works on selecting other item in list other than the last item added to ticket.

I think what would work for this and other not apparent uses is a action such as "Item Selected" This could offer other possibilities.

What do you think? would a "Item Selected" action be of benefit?

Edgar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version