Author Topic: BARCODES that just don't work in sambaPOS while handreds of others work fine  (Read 4173 times)

khamlichi

Hi,
If you have a problem with barcodes in sambaPOS then its possible that they start with number "zero",
When added as new products, sambaPOS accepts the leading "0" but when salesman wants to sell product, sambaPOS doesn't recognize this leading zero (even though it is in the database), I verified the problem, to find out that when adding products to sambaPOS it accepts leading zero but at the interface of the salesman it removes the leading zero and thus does not  recognize the product !
to fix this I had to edit all the entries of those products and remove the leading zero from thier barcodes.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:32:57 pm by khamlichi »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Hello khamlichi. Thank you very much for reporting this issue. We use barcode entry area for different purposes so I think that happens because SambaPOS tries to convert it to a number. I'll check implementation and try to improve it for allowing barcodes that have leading zeros.

khamlichi

My Pleasure

seanathome

Think I may be able to shed a little more light on this problem. Have an item from one of our suppliers that has a barcode in the format 0000123456.

When this is scanned into the product barcode box it is entered ok. In POS mode the barcode scans like 2 seperate items. It flashes up the 0000 first, then the 123456 overwrites the 0000.

As per khamlichi's post, edit the 0's out of the product details & it works 100%.