English Boards > Support

Cash Drawers

<< < (5/6) > >>

JohnS:

--- Quote from: mozhi on March 01, 2012, 09:00:02 am ---I have a query about the printers. FB the link for the thermal  printer I am planning to purchase.

http://www.tvs-e.in/product.aspx?pid=5 - Rp -3160 Model

Does our Samba works on Windows/DOS mode printing? The reason behind asking this question is the technician was telling that if it is DOS mode printing then it cannot be shared on the network.

--- End quote ---

SambaPOS does work with DOS mode printers as you can set the printer to PORT PRINTER like we use for the Pole Displays and print directly to LPT1. The printer you are looking at is also USB, so it is a Windows printer. FYI - you can network share DOS printers.

--- Quote from: mozhi on March 01, 2012, 09:00:02 am ---He also was saying that the cash Drawer will open automatically either before/after printing the receipt based on the configuration. Can we not send <DRAWER> command to open the drawer only when required. He said that the cash Drawer will be connected to the printer through RJ11 jack. Let me know if samba can print on a networked computer through this printer.

I have asked this question to John, posted here so that others can as well benefit from his replies.

--- End quote ---
The cash drawer kick is programmable in most of the ESC/POS printers I have seen, but if your not sure - research it. You can set the printer to kick the cash drawer every time it prints, or manually using the <DRAWER> command.

Network printing is easy, just share the printer in Printer Properties - but Win7 can difficult at times dues to it's security - if you have issues with Win7 goto Control Panel -> Network and Sharing Center -> Advanced sharing settings and turn off Password Protected Sharing for Home/Work Profile. If all else fails, set the same Username & Password on all of your POS terminals.

JohnS:
Just one more thing in general.

Most suppliers have little knowledge about the POS equipment they sell which makes it hard for people new to this area.

Unfortunately, not all equipment brands and models are available in all countries. This is where the power of the forum can help. If you need help selecting equipment, ask here and we will all try to help to find a local supplier.

Rule #1 - Cheap is not always good.

I started with equipment from de-installed supermarkets that a friend gave me, and equipment from some of our service contracts. So at the least I can prove that you do not need all the same brand of equipment, but check on compatibilities and research the equipment as much as you can that is available to you in your country. And don't be afraid to use eBay for research and purchasing equipment.

CafeCuppio:

--- Quote from: emre on November 30, 2011, 06:25:41 am ---Can you try replacing <DRAWER> command with <XCT 27,112,48,55,121> command?

--- End quote ---

Thanks, this command sorted my drawer.

tonypc1000:

--- Quote from: admin on November 30, 2011, 04:46:29 am ---Yes you can configure SambaPOS to do it by creating an automated Print Job.

First of all you'll need to create an empty printer template for sending only <DRAWER> command to printer:

* Create new "Printer Template"
* Name it as "Open Drawer"
* Enter <DRAWER> to Header Template.Now we'll create a Print Job to send this template to printer when payments contains Cash.

* Create new "Print Job"
* Name it as "Open Cash Drawer Job"
* Auto Print After: will be Ticket Paid
* Auto Print for Payment Types: check only Cash
* Add a Print Mapping, leave every columns (*). Choose the printer from Printer Column and Choose Printer Template as Open Drawer. The printer should be the printer connected to the drawer.
* Save it, open Terminals, open Server and add this print job to the Print Jobs list.Thats all. Now SambaPOS should open cash drawer automatically when a payment includes cash payment.

Instead of doing automatically you can create a "Open Drawer" button. Do everything the same but while creating the Print Job:

* Enter "Button Name" as "Open Drawer".
* Auto Print After: will be Manual
* Uncheck Display at POS Screen
* Leave Display at Payment Screen checked.Now you'll have a "Open Drawer" button in the payment screen. When clicked it should open Cash Drawer.

If drawer connected directly to a COM port, you can create a new Printer, change printer type to Port Printer, name it with Port Name, add required port commands to a printer template and send this printer template to the Port Printer. We operate COM port connected "cash register" devices through port printers but  required port commands to open drawer might vary by Cash Drawer model. So operating it with a thermal printer is easiest way.

--- End quote ---
hi, my cash drawer opens every time i print the bill, it there anyway to make to not open?

evail:
well sometimes the printer preferences has a feature which makes the cashdrawer to open whenever anything is printed.

so check there first. if it doesnt pose a problem then i assume its a problem with the printjob.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version