Author Topic: HELP…! Unable to print Greek Language letters!  (Read 5001 times)

monk

HELP…! Unable to print Greek Language letters!
« on: June 02, 2012, 04:25:55 pm »
       First things first ! Gongratz on building this beautiful software! It’s better than a lot of commercial applications out there that I already check out!
       So I decided using it at my Restaurant but I came across a problem that it seems I alone can not fix.
Trying to print out my first test order and bill I noticed that my EPSON TM-T70 wasn’t printing the Greek letters of the products but something more like "? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?   7,50" while the English letters were printing out just fine.
        So I try changing code pages at the printer settings in Sambapos by using 437, 851, 869, 1252, 1253, 1251 and all of them gave me similar results with an exception of code page 737 which gives me an error message that explains “the printer can not print”. I tried almost everything changing Display Language English to Greek , location , Regional settings but nothing works. I even change the printer driver to Generic but in vain…! The test page from the printer properties comes out in Greek but not the text from Sambapos.
         I Hit a wall so if anyone can help would be much appreciated! You see I need the Greek language for the staff in the Kitchen and there is also that stupid law that says that bills have to be in Greek! 
         The machine is a Windtop AE1900 MSI and runs on win7 Ultimate  the products along with the categories I copy paste them from a word document I created in microsoft’s office suite 2003.Font was Time new roman the first try and Arial the second. As for the third time I used note pad  on a clean installation of sambapos but still no luck.
          Thank you for your efforts in advance,
          Tasos.

polymorpher

Re: HELP…! Unable to print Greek Language letters!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 06:17:09 am »
Please try what I did (look for the #3 reply): http://forum2.sambapos.org/index.php/topic,617.0.html

monk

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 04:43:06 am »
Polymorpher, thank you for your input in the matter !
 I definitely gonna give it a try since nothing else I tried so far didn't work. As a last result I converted all products to Greeklish  in order for the Kitchen staff to understand the orders but it's kind of funny when the costumers try to explain the bill. :)
 Again thank you for your time and I let you know how it went with the settings!

monk

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2012, 05:20:54 am »
Yesss! :D It printed out in greek!
   A bit strange looking with the font like numbers are short and letters are tall, also the spacing and alignment is funny but for now I can live with it.
   Most of the print format commands don't work  like <J00> (it's not even) or <R00> (it doesn't align right) but what the heck... you don't look a gift Horse in the mouth...!
 Again thank you Polymorpher for your input and your time now I can move on resolving other issues with my set up of Sambapos!
 Thanks a million !