Author Topic: SambaPos works perfect with Magnetic Swipe Cards !!!  (Read 5645 times)

toni

SambaPos works perfect with Magnetic Swipe Cards !!!
« on: August 15, 2012, 04:12:46 am »
I would like to let you know that SambaPos works perfect with Magnetic Swipe Cards without need to any programming modification. These cards are very cheap 100 only= 15 pound on ebay. You will need to buy a  magnetic card reader, ask your hardware vendor, they must have one.  Finally, you need to get somebody to program these cards for you or you can buy a card writer (on ebay) and do it yourself. It is quite simple.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: SambaPos works perfect with Magnetic Swipe Cards !!!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2012, 05:43:57 am »
Great!!. Thank you very much for helping us on testing it and sharing results.
Can we assume it will work fine with proximity cards ?

toni

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 07:26:04 am »
I have been using these cards. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/mag-swipe-card-blank-pvc-HICO-CR80-printable-magnetic-stripe-cards-pack-of-25-/110923046694?pt=UK_BOI_Retail_Shop_Fitting_POS_Equipment_ET&hash=item19d3875f26

Sorry, I have no knowledge about proximity cards. I have just read about them. They seem to me more advance and expensive.

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 10:02:22 am »
Yes they are more expensive but with keyboard emulated proximity card readers they works like magnetic cards. The benefit will be using it without the need of swipe. I don't know if it will be useful or not because we don't want waiters to log in while walking in front of the POS station :)