Author Topic: Tables List Change  (Read 5604 times)

md14

Tables List Change
« on: August 18, 2012, 07:36:47 am »
Guys please forgive me if this is an already asked question. But i could not find any related posts so that is why I am posting the query. I am totally new to SambaPOS and I have v2.99 but I must say is awesome. However, I am unknown to sql and php and any sort of codes or programming so I do not understand some things. However, I am not new in computers. i am a good tech but in the field of programming, I am useless.

I am unable to change the default sitting tables list. I want to remove the sitting tables already given and put my own list of tables upto 14 numbers without having to mention Garden or Indoors. And the second thing is that if I set everything up on a trial PC at home and when I am satisfied with all the settings, I want to copy those on the PC at work. How to do that? Please can I be helped out here. Thanks.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2012, 08:14:28 am by md14 »

emre

• SambaPOS Developer
  • Samba Team
Re: Tables List Change
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 08:37:54 am »
Hello md14. In fact it is easy but for new users it might need some time to get how things should be done.
Let me explain that.

Required Settings are under Management > Tables menu.

You'll add / remove tables in "Table List". After creating tables create a Table View for each Table Screen (for example floor 1, floor 2, etc)
Edit table view and add visible tables in Table View. By changing table view type to "custom" you can modify table layouts. You can create multiple table layouts for different needs.
Also you can choose default Table View from department settings so when you switch to that department default table view displayed first.

To be able to delete a table you should remove it from table view first.

If you use Compact SQL you can simply move SambaData2.sdf file to other PC. It should located at MyDocuments/SambaPOS2
If you use SQL Server you can create a backup and restore that backup where needed. You can use SQL Management Console tool for creating backups.

md14

Re: Tables List Change
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2012, 09:55:26 am »
Thank you very much Emre. Really grateful.